Knowledge Base
Community

Obtain your pac or change your number by using a giffgaff shortcode text and receive code by text.

Started by: jaymailsays
On: 05/08/2018 | 14:40
Replies: 14

by: jaymailsays
on: 05/08/2018 | 21:16

@lpwilliams Clearly not!

Ofcom insist the pac request will be by universal shortcode initiated by customer text.

At the moment giffgaff do not comply with that half of the rule.

11 months left to get it right.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 15
by: lpwilliams
on: 05/08/2018 | 21:29
@jaymailsays

ah, but at present, you do not know, for all we know, Ofcom may settle for 43431 as the shortcode

11 months and we will know for sure!!
Message 12 of 15
on: 05/08/2018 | 22:02

@lpwilliams wrote:

@jaymailsays

ah, but at present, you do not know, for all we know, Ofcom may settle for 43431 as the shortcode

*100# is a shortcode 

43431 would just answer as it does now.

Ofcom have said the shortcode will have to be identical  for all Networks.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 15
by: kath72
on: 06/08/2018 | 06:57
Having had the ‘please stay’ lecture and tedious questions and hoops to jump through moving a number from EE , this would be very welcome for PAC s

I wonder if there would be safeguards in place for changing your number ... I bet there are people who would dial that short code by accident causing all sorts of complaints if it is a one text process

Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
on: 06/08/2018 | 12:56
Click to reveal

@kath72 wrote:

Having had the ‘please stay’ lecture and tedious questions and hoops to jump through moving a number from EE , this would be very welcome for PAC s

I wonder if there would be safeguards in place for changing your number ... I bet there are people who would dial that short code by accident causing all sorts of complaints if it is a one text process

@kath72 Good point, although it will be a dedicated seperate shortcode for changing your number, it should have a failsafe network reply such as, 'You have opted to select a new mobile number, please confirm, by replying Change within 24hrs, your existing number will be permanently lost'

Ofcom had a consultation period to allow for the raising of concerns and the new changes next year are subject to regulation approval.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 15