Knowledge Base
Community

Option to upgrade newly bought goodybag

Started by: kevlola
On: 17/11/2018 | 19:21
Replies: 9

by: kevlola
on: 17/11/2018 | 19:21 edited: 17/11/2018 | 19:22

I'd like to see a feature option where I could upgrade a newish goodybag.

An example is that I thought I would need a £10 goodybag and the following day I discovered I needed much more data - in fact the £20 goodybag. Having just bought a lower goodybag so soon, I would've liked the chance to add/upgrade this purchase.

Thanks for reading me.

Message 1 of 10
by: persco
on: 17/11/2018 | 19:50
Good idea but giffgaff are not too keen on it as has been suggested a number of times in the labs. In fact, lots make that mistake and would have been easy to just upgrade. There are even more suggestions on bolt-ons as well so you get to kind of top your goodybag when you run out of allowance. But worth giving your support with a vote and comment in those already suggested. You never know, they may change their minds. 

https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/15203890/dynamic-goodybag-upgrades

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 18/11/2018 | 08:58
This has been suggested before but it isn't an easy thing to do I guess
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
by: jsmith2009
on: 18/11/2018 | 08:59

Hi

It's a interesting idea but I would think it would be very difficult to implement if you have already used some of the existing goodybag.

I guess also there's still the option of starting a new goodybag early.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 10
by: endorphin
on: 18/11/2018 | 10:40

Hi @kevlola as mentioned you should lend your support to the Labs' idea that closest matches your suggestion.

In the meantime, if you think you'll require a larger goodybag then currently, as you might know, when you have exhausted the data in your current goodybag you can then start your next goodybag early to continue to use mobile data.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 5 of 10
by: mcilwraith
on: 18/11/2018 | 11:25

with the early goodybag option in place i don`t think there is a need for this

Message 6 of 10
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 18/11/2018 | 13:34

@kevlola there is now an option to cancel a goodybag.

@endorphin i.know we have now have the ability to cancel a goodybag but can that be done once the goidybag started?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
by: figment_uk
on: 18/11/2018 | 20:49

@shabazmoqsud

@shabazmoqsud wrote:

@kevlola there is now an option to cancel a goodybag.

@endorphin i.know we have now have the ability to cancel a goodybag but can that be done once the goidybag started?

The agents might, at their discretion, cancel a goodybag that has started, providing only a very small amount of data has been used.   Allowing anything else would be rather like buying a pint of milk from the supermarket, opening and using some then  expecting the shop to let you swap it for a 4 pint bottle because you have unexpected visitors.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 8 of 10
by: inspiron42
on: 19/11/2018 | 08:31
I can't see any reason for giffgaff not to allow an upgrade. Extra money for the same expiry date can only be a good thing from their perspective.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
by: janny27
on: 19/11/2018 | 13:09

Personally I tend to over estimate my data requirement (my choice) but you do have the option of buying a new goody bag early. I can't see that it would be worth giff gaff going down that route as I suspect it would only happen on rare occasions

Message 10 of 10