Knowledge Base
Community

Ordering SIM cards

Started by: dlws
On: 03/01/2019 | 17:16
Replies: 4

by: dlws
on: 03/01/2019 | 17:16

I am so disappointed. Since 18 Dec I have 6 times ordered a SIM card - but none have turned up. I contacted an agent twice about this. First time had a reply from Luke who had checked my address and advised me he has arranged for one to be sent - nothing arrived. Second time I contacted an agent - no reply. Have now given up and my wife has gone to O2 for a SIM. So, so disappointing. Very poor service from Giffgaff.

Message 1 of 5
by: persco
on: 03/01/2019 | 18:05

So sorry to hear @dlws Probably to to Christmas post. But ordering twice and agents double checking your address and still no luck is a disappointment. Mine come so quick sometimes even next day. 

Are you aware local shops also stock giffgaff sims for around a pound? Shops like Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Poundland all carry giffgaff sims now. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: isabel1066
on: 03/01/2019 | 19:03
@dlws Argos has giffgaff sim cards but they cost £1.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: tired16
on: 03/01/2019 | 19:37

@dlws That is very unusuall!  Do you have any trouble receiving other post at all? Or do you believe the giffgaff sim card envelope could have been mistaken for a "spam leaflet" and mistakenly thrown away? It's a shame for your wife to miss out on giffgaff for a reason such as this. Smiley Sad Like others have pointed out, supermarkets and some corner shops and newsagents also stock giffgaff sims. Alternatively perhaps you could request a member here to post a sim out to you via this thread: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Need-a-sim-posting-urgently-First-class-or-hand-deliv...

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Please remember to select a "Best answer" and give "Kudos" to those that have helped you. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
by: weetinamc
on: 03/01/2019 | 20:27

most big stores now have giffgaff sims if really desperate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 5