Community

Our charity winners this payback window

Started by: kathleen414
On: 11/02/2019 | 20:45
Replies: 19

by: kathleen414
on: 11/02/2019 | 20:45

Hiya everyone 

I was just thinking how our charity payback winners for the year felt about getting our fab giffgaff & members donation.

Have i missed this or is this still something in the pipeline

Message 1 of 20
by: natty_noo
on: 11/02/2019 | 21:03
I would've expected to have seen 'thank you to giffgaff and the community' letters posted by now, but i haven't seen anything to that effect.

I know the other year the thank yous were in the Blog, for some reason, but i've checked there and there's no sign of anything there either.

I imagine they've received the donations by now though.....or could i be wrong and that's why there are no thank yous yet?
Message 2 of 20
on: 11/02/2019 | 21:15

@natty_noo Thanks for checking the blog Smiley Happy i would have thought we would have seen something 

Message 3 of 20
by: natty_noo
on: 11/02/2019 | 21:20
Maybe @t_will can let us know tomorrow. It would be nice to see something from the charities though.
Message 4 of 20
by: ray2
on: 12/02/2019 | 09:22

Hi @kathleen414

I have just been having a nose over announcements to see if something was posted there instead of blogs this time,but only the thread letting us know who the winners were shows up,no follow up from will from either charity which is a shame,it's allways nice to hear from the charitys especially with the amount of money being handed over (it's not peanuts)

Ah well hopefully all this nominating for a charity can get the overhaul it needs and we get to see the whole process including pictures of the charitys recieving the money or at least a paragraph from the charitys telling us what they will be putting the money towards Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 20
by: kath72
on: 12/02/2019 | 09:22
@kathleen414 @geu42

Perhaps it’s not been sent yet ... although I would have expected it to by now... or perhaps when donations are sent to larger charities it takes longer to process a thank you letter than a smaller one would?

Be interesting to see what light @t_will can shed on this
Message 6 of 20
Highlighted
on: 12/02/2019 | 15:54

@ray2 wrote:

Hi @kathleen414

I have just been having a nose over announcements to see if something was posted there instead of blogs this time,but only the thread letting us know who the winners were shows up,no follow up from will from either charity which is a shame,it's allways nice to hear from the charitys especially with the amount of money being handed over (it's not peanuts)

Ah well hopefully all this nominating for a charity can get the overhaul it needs and we get to see the whole process including pictures of the charitys recieving the money or at least a paragraph from the charitys telling us what they will be putting the money towards Smiley Wink

@ray2@kath72@natty_noo

I was hoping to see maybe a puppy or two named giff and gaff 

It was a fab winner and it will be awesome to give someone freedom in the future 

Message 7 of 20
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 13/02/2019 | 10:36

Hopefully we will hear soon @kathleen414@kath72@ray2@natty_noo from giffgaff.

We should be really showing to the outside world how great our members are and what can be achieved with a progressive service like giffgaff

Message 8 of 20
by: revjonty
on: 14/02/2019 | 00:43

@kathleen414 wrote:

@ray2 wrote:

Hi @kathleen414

@ray2@kath72@natty_noo

I was hoping to see maybe a puppy or two named giff and gaff 

It was a fab winner and it will be awesome to give someone freedom in the future 

I object to this suggestion. Not because I dislike the names, and quite aside from the moral issues surrounding placing corporate branding on a sentient being without its express permit ion, but because 

Either the trainer, or the keeper should name a dog, nobody else's business to do that. It's key to the bond, & communication. 

Their choice what bloody stupid names to gave the puppies.

Bahh and humbug! (my suggestion ) 

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 20
by: harrybeau
on: 14/02/2019 | 10:07

It is a bit odd. Usually ,by now, there is some kind of acknowledgement from the recipients.

Message 10 of 20