Knowledge Base
Community

PAYG Rates

Started by: bighairytoe
On: 10/03/2017 | 00:42
Replies: 32

by: bighairytoe
on: 10/03/2017 | 00:42

Giffgaff PAYG rates are very expensive when you look at rivals......

O2 - 5p per min 5p per text 5p per mb

3 - 3p per min 2 per text 1p per mb

Asda Mobile 8 per min 4p per text 5p per mb

Tesco Lite 8p per min 4 per text 10p per mb etc etc

Shouldnt Giffgaff have a tariff exactly like 02 Classic Pay As You Go given its the sister company?

Maybe if you top up £10 a month you get the lower rate as O2

I seriously think Giffgaff PAYG rates are well overcharged now and a review on them is needed. Unless they simply dont want PAYG users on the network?

Message 1 of 33
by: revjonty
on: 10/03/2017 | 06:32

Whilst I agree that it would make sense to review the prices, you haven't taken into acount the free calls between giffgaff customers. For me that makes gg payg the best deal available at the moment.

Of course somebody will be along to go on about payback I'm sure, but I really don't think it's relivant, as only those customers who frequent the forums are able to earn that. The vast majority of customers don't.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 33
by: weetinamc
on: 10/03/2017 | 07:57

Free giffgaff to giffgaff makes it worthwhile.

Without it i would need more than my monthly £5 goodybag at o2 prices 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 33
by: gizzblue
on: 10/03/2017 | 09:49

@bighairytoe imho giffgaff is pointless unless your on a goodybag ....they are way off and expensive on pay as you go without the goodybag .

Jay

Message 4 of 33
by: nfh
on: 10/03/2017 | 09:57

Given that giffgaff is the budget subsidiary of O2, it's ridiculous that giffgaff's price of 15p/min is 3 times more expensive than O2's price of 5p/min.

Message 5 of 33
by: germansheppard234
on: 12/03/2017 | 10:15

U can't compare O2 to giffgaff they run as 2 seperate networks, it's not long since gg reviewed it's prices so till next time they won't change, u get free gg to gg and unless u don't use phone goodybags r cheaper option, I used be on o2 and rates were cheaper then 2 long time ago like but there send pict was 10p dearer Vmail the same all the extras made it no cheaper, it's all an illusion with most networks, giffgaff what u see is what u pay, we all have choice don't like it move on 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 33
by: morbihan1
on: 12/03/2017 | 12:36

Alot of people take advantage of the international rates also. Cheaper than a calling card in many cases,especially with Payback. 

I am one of those people 😀

Message 7 of 33
by: kath72
on: 12/03/2017 | 16:23

I'm a payg customer mostly ... I use my free GG calls far more than anything else.  I use wifi hotspots to message where possible and only make calls in emergencies as guess what? I use my landline for most calls ! 

I do buy a £5 goodybag these days if I am away from home, now that the call prices are so high 

personally i I think GG aim to get everyone on a goody bag so they get a more of a reliable income stream ... 

The price rise for payg rates Means they can also charge this higher rate for roaming in Europe 

Message 8 of 33
by: moominpappa
on: 12/03/2017 | 22:55

Giffgaff PAYG is too expensive!

I buy a Goodybag most months which is good value, but my wife racked up a huge bill over the course of two months using giffgaff at PAYG prices - she left and pays five quid a month on another network which is far better value than giffgaff. (The five pound Goodybag simply isn't good value, either, unless you're a casual user.)

Even with the free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts, an hour's talk time is too expensive if you have to call a non giffgaff number on PAYG - and there are times when it's not convenient to buy a Goodybag.

Click on my banner to get £5 free credit & free calls & texts to giffgaff numbers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 33
by: claw
on: 13/03/2017 | 07:33

It's swings and roundabouts really. I think giffgaff offers a good mix of goodybag packages with the option to go payg if you wish.

Not one of the networks mentioned in this has the cheapest calls AND the cheapest bolt ons/packages that you can switch between easiest. But giffgaff has had a good go at it!

Message 10 of 33