Payback Infographic Suggestions

Started by: christian_b
On: 23/05/2014 | 08:46
Replies: 25

by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 23/05/2014 | 08:46

Hi all,

As you know Payback is just around the corner, and to get everyone in the Payback mood we will be creating an infographic with some fantastic facts and stats related to Payback.

We'd like to get your ideas on what sort of things you'd like to know about Payback?

For example, to date how many have donated their 6 month accrued Payback to charity? what are the top earners each period? etc...

Give us your thoughts and we'll make them into a pretty picture Smiley Happy

Regards,

Christian

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 1 of 26
by: jeff_elephant
on: 23/05/2014 | 09:35

I'm not sure if giffgaff is willing to release this information but I'm quite curious how many giffgaffers, in £ terms or by number of giffgaffers or % terms of the total giffgaff population, qualify for the different payback tiers (£30 vs £20 vs £10 vs £1 vs £0.10)?

Message 2 of 26
by: gordie10
on: 23/05/2014 | 10:21

If you were to mention top earners for each period, I'd be keen for you to add that most of this money will have been earned through recruitment, not community contribution, as I wouldn't want to see "payback chasing" with pointless forum posts being inadvertently encouraged any more. (I could just picture people seeing "£15,000 earned in the last 6 months!", for example, as a potential problem if it's not made clear how that money was earned.)

Message 3 of 26
by: endorphin
on: 23/05/2014 | 10:59 edited: 23/05/2014 | 11:39

What about payback earned vs community age (ie how long you have been in the community)? It would be interesting to see this spread. This would have to be differentiated between pure community contribution and SIM activations to be useful.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 4 of 26
by: bobrobinson
on: 23/05/2014 | 11:07

I was top of something from the last payback payout. But i wouldnt want the whole community to know. As its between myself and giffgaff. Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 26
by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 23/05/2014 | 11:35

Great suggestions so far, thanks. 

Keep 'em coming Smiley Happy

I'll close this thread on the 27th as we'll need time to get to work on the infographic.

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 6 of 26
Highlighted
by: taylork96
on: 23/05/2014 | 14:22
Nothing too personal.

Percentages of people in which tiers?

Is there a relation in age and payback?

How many donators we have?

Maybe some totals, how much gg actually payed out this half year?

I would say stuff like that, nothing like "Example was our top earner of xxx amount" because I think personal stuff is a nono, general stuff is okay Smiley Tongue
If your answer has been solved please choose a 'Best Answer' or give a 'Kudo' to those who helped.

Thanks, giffgaff's local noob, Tay.
Message 7 of 26
by: kmichael
on: 23/05/2014 | 14:43

[1] Number of members or their percentage per amount of payback

[2] Average payback percentage constituents: community contribution, recruits, bonus payback, payback for quizes etc

[3] Percentage of members who rolled-over Payback (although we do not know weather on purpose or not)

[4] Payback that was lost due to members not making a selection (a second time around)

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 8 of 26
by: nerakb
on: 23/05/2014 | 14:51

I've got to agree with @bobrobinson on this.

I feel the payback I earn is nobody else's business but mine (and giffgaff).

Maybe you could mention the top earner's but not mention how much they've accrued over a 6 month period.

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 9 of 26
by: bobrobinson
on: 23/05/2014 | 15:29

@nerakb wrote:

I've got to agree with @bobrobinson on this.

I feel the payback I earn is nobody else's business but mine (and giffgaff).

Maybe you could mention the top earner's but not mention how much they've accrued over a 6 month period.

They would have to ask the member if they could name them. And if its ok with them its all well and good.But othrer than that just put figers . I like the idea tho.As it would be interesting.Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 26