Community

Phone delivery options are ridiculous

Started by: doctorreg
On: 06/07/2018 | 08:25
Replies: 15

by: doctorreg
on: 06/07/2018 | 08:25

Hi

Just ordered my first phone through giffgaff - the offers are good but the delivery options are really unhelpful!

As far as I can tell you have to have your phone delivered to your home address (so work address is not allowed), and the company they use for deliveries doesn't deliver on the weekend.

So if you have a job you have to take a day off to receive it - or maybe hope to get lucky in that they'll deliver the item to a neighbour.

Is there any good reason why they won't deliver to a work address or on a Saturday.  

Come on giffgaff you can do better than this!

Message 1 of 16
by: natty88
on: 06/07/2018 | 08:31 edited: 06/07/2018 | 08:36

@doctorreg it's UK mail that usually used for courier of giffgaff phones they only delivery Monday to Friday's sorry you could arrange to pick it up from there local store near your area on a Saturday but would need to contact them about it  sorry I can't help more as a member myself  this screen shot is taken from there site with number to callScreenshot_2018-07-06-08-35-05.png

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 16
on: 06/07/2018 | 08:53
Thanks @natty88 - yes unfortunately the "local" pickup is quite a long way away.

I don't get why I can't have a phone delivered to my work address - everyone else I buy from lets me do this. Why won't giffgaff?
And perhaps giffgaff should consider other couriers who will deliver on the weekend.
Message 3 of 16
on: 06/07/2018 | 08:58

@doctorreg rate setters will only send to address your valid credit/debit card is registered to sorry it been brought up many times but as yet that's only way you can get phone delivers

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 16
on: 06/07/2018 | 09:20
But I've bought phones on amazon and had them delivered to my office. Why would buying a phone on giffgaff be different?
Message 5 of 16
on: 06/07/2018 | 09:25

@doctorreg it's to do with the way your credit/debit cards and address is on your giffgaff profile that's only one rate setters will accept sorry wish I could give more information on it you could inquire with the agents about it to see if they can suggest anything via here and click on phone queries 

contact agents https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/using-giffgaff/when-to-contact-an-agent/ta-p/9114714

remember agents can take from a few hrs to a maximum time of 24hrs to reply via here when logged into your giffgaff account 

http://giffgaff.com/support/questions 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 16
by: harrrrrry
on: 06/07/2018 | 09:53

@doctorreg

A small subset of the giffgaff phones (mainly, pre-owned or refurbished ones) are available for sale through the ebay store http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/giffgaffmarketplace/Mobile-Phones-/

Sadly, its only quite a small range -- I suspect only the slow moving stock they want to get rid of. But for those phones there are several advatages:

• Because it's ebay, you can pay by paypal
  • Click and collect (from Argos or Sainsbury branches) is also an option on those phones.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 16
on: 06/07/2018 | 10:21
Thanks - it still seems crazy. I've bought electronics goods like phones and other devices from amazon, ebay, google, ebuyer and many others. Haven't hit this issue with any of those, so I can't imagine it's not in giffgaff's power to do anything about this.
Message 8 of 16
by: endorphin
on: 06/07/2018 | 10:54 edited: 06/07/2018 | 11:00

@doctorreg wrote:

Thanks - it still seems crazy. I've bought electronics goods like phones and other devices from amazon, ebay, google, ebuyer and many others. Haven't hit this issue with any of those, so I can't imagine it's not in giffgaff's power to do anything about this.

It's what giffgaff has decided to enforce as their delivery policy. They're a lot smaller than the likes of Amazon, eBay, etc and so fraud would had them harder methinks.

Of course you can suggest this to giffgaff as an Idea here https://labs.giffgaff.com/ but search first to see if there isn't already a similar idea suggested which you can support.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 9 of 16
by: ujo55
on: 06/07/2018 | 13:57
Just for clarity, it is not that the courier UK mail do not deliver at weekends. they do offer Saturday delivery, but unfortunately the Saturday delivery option is excluded from the contract giffgaff have negotiated with UK Mail.
Seems daft but no doubt it is to minimize delivery cost.
Message 10 of 16