Knowledge Base
Community

Please think very carefully when consdering ordering a phone from GiffGaff

Started by: eyeamnoky
On: 07/01/2019 | 21:08
Replies: 10

by: eyeamnoky
on: 07/01/2019 | 21:08 edited: 07/01/2019 | 21:19

Ordered a phone on Friday, scheduled for delivery today Monday....but as it's UKMail delivering then no chance, UKMail incompetence is the only thing that is reliable....but enough really is enough,

Yet again UKmail fail to make a delivery to my address, yet again they waste my time with stupid text message updates when they're not needed and don't update when they should, yet again their app updates infrequently, yet again they appear to make it to the stop before me but then it's 'your item is back at the depot, please arrange a redlivery'....which I wont be....and yet again GiffGaff use this gawd awful service and seem not to care on just how shoddy their assigned delivery service is and that ithey (giffgaff) will lose business because of it.

Giffgaff  please take a long hard look at your trading partners when it comes to them delivering your products and offers to your customers doors, UKMail have shown themselves to be a thoroughly disreputable company whose own incompetence has a knock off affect with your customers and impacts their buying decisions. (me in this case)

Last year I ordered a phone from you, UKmail were entrusted with delivering it to me, again txt messages with delivery info, again it went all day without delivery, again it didn't arrive and again I found myself having to incur both expense and time in arranging a redlivery which took a next business day delivery item to one delivered 4 days later...in this instance I eventually managed to expose the driver as being an liar, he said he had been here earlier in the day but no-one was at home, however, I have cameras on my property  so was able to pull the footage for the time he said he was here....suprise suprise he wasn't here and after much digging with ukmail it turns out (via their own onboard tracking) that he hadn't been here, he lied, not only that and when the parcel eventually did turn up 4 days later it was the same drive he pretty much chucked the parcel at me (all on camera and sent to UKmail).

In this instance now, I ordered the phone Friday, it was scheduled for delivery today Monday, I got several texts telling me to expect delivery on Monday (today) I receive a message stating I would get my phone between 5.40 and 6.40pm, bit late and I was out but my partner stayed in, she checked the tracking, other than it saying we'd purchased the parcel on 20th December (nothing to do with me) it showed the same  5.40/6.40  delivery spot, it got stuck at 84th for a couple of hours at around 12pm, but gradually it was getting closer (probably not in reality). at 18:35 five mins from the latest stated time of 6.30 the driver was at delivery 92  (I was number 102) at 19:00 they were at 99, at 19:22 they were 'sorry we appear to be running late'  but they were at 101 , presumablyquite close? yeah right, at 19:59 they were still showing at 101,  20:07 the same and at 20:15 my parcel is back at the delivery depot.....really??    (all timestamped and all in snapshot format).

UKmail are a joke, and much as I love giffgaff and all that they are about, the staff here are friendly, the site is excellent, they give a hoot as do it's members, but where GiffGaff seriously fail and continue to do so is by employing UKmail who frankly do not deserve my custom.

I have stopped purchasing from companies that use UKmail due to many experiences of a similar nature to this one.

So, Giffgaff, much as i love you, I'm afraid I won't be rearranging delivery from UKMail, they've inconvienienced me for the last time, I don't know what will happen with the item but I am not touching their (ukmail) website and i won't be contacting them for redlivery as frankly their customer service when you do eventually find a number is a disgrace and for me GiffGaff, keep the money I've spent on the phone, I don't require it back,  when i next get chance I'll be heading into the town to purchase the phone from another retailer because I really want the bloomin phone but I don't want to have to fight/incur expense/waste my time further to get it to my door and at a quick scan I can see that your price is the best there is out there....which is usually the case....and it looks like i'll be paying double for it....but ya know, at least I won't have the worry of UKMail mucking about.....AGAIN.....

Yours altogether peed off

Message 1 of 11
by: ansarmahmood
on: 07/01/2019 | 21:56
That’s what happens when u employ company drivers! Self employed is much better
Message 2 of 11
on: 07/01/2019 | 23:50
I dont know what the structure is, neither do I care, UKmail are smply just not good.

They sent loads of text with updates, when it was being delivered, what day, what time....and yet when they returned the post to the depot they havent sent a single message since.

Message 3 of 11
by: tradertall
on: 08/01/2019 | 11:46
UKmail is horrible
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 11
by: allan1954
on: 08/01/2019 | 14:02
you've just been unlucky one of the members has said he has had 6 phones delivered with UK mail and no problems at all.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 11
by: jokeyboi77
on: 08/01/2019 | 14:11

I must've been lucky too because I've had 4 phones off giffgaff and my Mrs has had 1 and all were delivered without any issues, but I can understand the frustration if that wasn't the case, but I've seen plenty of horror stories too about phones being delivered. 

jokeyboi-v2.png
Message 6 of 11
by: freedmaniac
on: 08/01/2019 | 17:31

@eyeamnoky

Interestingly, this does not appear to be the experience everywhere.

Is it possibly linked to any specific depots?

Message 7 of 11
by: frenchielove
on: 09/01/2019 | 07:08

Sorry to hear of your experience @eyeamnoky I ordered my phone and it came exactly when stated and I am very happy with it. Had that happened to me, I probably would be feeling the same 

Message 8 of 11
on: 09/01/2019 | 15:52 edited: 09/01/2019 | 15:55

Sadly my partner was in yesterday during the day and the parcel was redelivered/accepted..had I been in i'd have refused the item.....(and gladly written the phone off)

To add insult to injury I've switched the phone on and it's faulty, the menu hangs, it continually disconnects from the internet when walking around my property, other phones of a similar make/design do not.

So it's going back and where I would usually be happy to be sent another phone I won't be in this instance as it would again need to be brought by UKMail and that just isn't happening here again.

Also, for anyone in doubt as to UKMails service and whilst it's conceded that some seem to have received a good service, just login to twitter and type in @ukmail   you'll soon get the picture.

As much as it irritated me I did in the end raise a complaint with UKMail,  they gave a turn round of next working day, that was noon yesterday, as of this point in time no reply has been received (not that I expected one) and frankly I'm rather hoping they dont as from experience their replies are usually out of the box standard replies.

Giifgaff is fun, buying a new phone is supposed to be fun, but when UKMail are involved all the fun soon evaporates.

End result is i will continue to stick to not doing business with companies that choose UKMail as their delivery agent and yes in some circumstances I'll lose out (cutting my nose off to spite my face)  but at least i'll have peace of mind.

Message 9 of 11
by: pete2009
on: 09/01/2019 | 18:49

Sorry you have had issues.

Part of the reason I would not buy a phone online and prefer the high street.

That said I haven't had any issues with other purchases on the net.

Hopefully you will get it soon.

Message 10 of 11