Knowledge Base
Community

Pointless email

Started by: djthom
On: 30/11/2018 | 16:44
Replies: 6

by: djthom
on: 30/11/2018 | 16:44

Received an email today with more Black Friday deals. cCicked on link and every single phone offered was out of stock! Is there really any point in advertising these items if non are avialable? 

Message 1 of 7
by: freedmaniac
on: 30/11/2018 | 16:48

@djthom

Perhaps worth taking this up with an agent.

Message 2 of 7
by: persco
on: 30/11/2018 | 17:01

The phones were available. Demand was just high. Sorry. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 30/11/2018 | 17:21

@persco wrote:

The phones were available. Demand was just high. Sorry. 

@persco if giffgaff are going to put on black friday deals at such good prices they should have anticipated the handsets would sell out thus have lots of stock.

Once again just makes them look unprofessional that when members get the mails for the deals the phones are already out of stock what is a member meant to do if that is first email they got didnt have a chance to get a desired phone at a reduced price seems abit unfair. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: persco
on: 30/11/2018 | 17:33

@shabazmoqsud I didn’t get that email but I would assume there was something in terms and conditions along the lines of “whilst stock lasts”.

If there wasn’t then you are spot on. My last one had that in the terms of the deal for the Black Friday deals just gone. This isn’t something unusual. Every marketing/advertising establishment does that especially on deals. They can’t have stock available for every receipient of an email. One person may buy two or three or some may not buy at all. It’s just on how it is unfortunately. It’s always while stock lasts. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 7
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 30/11/2018 | 17:38

@persco wrote:

@shabazmoqsud I didn’t get that email but I would assume there was something in terms and conditions along the lines of “whilst stock lasts”.

If there wasn’t then you are spot on. My last one had that in the terms of the deal for the Black Friday deals just gone. This isn’t something unusual. Every marketing/advertising establishment does that especially on deals. They can’t have stock available for every receipient of an email. One person may buy two or three or some may not buy at all. It’s just on how it is unfortunately. It’s always while stock lasts. 

@persco you are correct just hope given the sucess of black friday deals for giffgaff this year,  next year giffgaff account for more stock so less members are disapointed.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: mcilwraith
on: 30/11/2018 | 18:52

@djthom wrote:

Received an email today with more Black Friday deals. cCicked on link and every single phone offered was out of stock! Is there really any point in advertising these items if non are avialable? 

it happens

a bit of a downer if you actually want a phone but its a repeat of the same email as last year

Message 7 of 7