Community

Possible glitch in SIM order form?

Started by: gnans22
On: 16/05/2015 | 13:13
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: gnans22
on: 16/05/2015 | 13:13 edited: 16/05/2015 | 13:14

I ordered 50 Nano sim from this link http://giffgaff.com/orders/mgm on 12th May but received hybrid sim box on 14th May.

I was sure that I clicked on the Nano option button before ordering. Giving myself the benefit of doubt, I ordered again making sure I select the correct NANO option but turned out again to be another box of Hybrid sim.

Any other super recruiter facing the same issue?

@will23 - Would you be able to check or pass to appropriate team please.

Thanks.

Free SIM with £5 credit to UK in first class post
Free SIM with £5 to Worldwide

If my post helped, click on Kudos or set as Best Answer if your problem is solved Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: will23
former giff-staffer

on: 18/05/2015 | 11:15
Curses, I need more caffeine. My bad. I'll talk to people and see what has happened.
Former Community Manager 
Message 6 of 7
former giff-staffer

on: 18/05/2015 | 10:27
Hey @gnans22

Actually this isn't a bug, it's how we designed the transition from the old nano/hybrid SIMs over to the new fancy triple SIMs. Since we still have (or had at least) some of the old stock to use up by the time we were ready to go with the new SIMs we had to use up the old ones. We decided that the MGM channel would be the one we'd use to do this, while stocks of the old SIMs last we'll send them out with MGM orders, and once they run out we'll replace them with triple SIMs. Evidently we've run out of old nano SIMs so they have been replaced with the fancy new ones. We'll soon run out of old hybrid SIMs (if we haven't already) and will ship out triples instead of those through MGM too. When we reach that point we'll remove the options for hybrid and nano all together on the order page to make it simpler.

All the best,

Will
Former Community Manager 
Message 3 of 7
by: endorphin
on: 18/05/2015 | 10:30
@will23 the OP ordered a box of nanoSIMs but received hybrid SIMs, twice! They're saying the wrong type of SIMs were sent out.
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £10 credit
Message 4 of 7
on: 18/05/2015 | 10:42

@will23 wrote:
Hey @gnans22

Actually this isn't a bug, it's how we designed the transition from the old nano/hybrid SIMs over to the new fancy triple SIMs. Since we still have (or had at least) some of the old stock to use up by the time we were ready to go with the new SIMs we had to use up the old ones. We decided that the MGM channel would be the one we'd use to do this, while stocks of the old SIMs last we'll send them out with MGM orders, and once they run out we'll replace them with triple SIMs. Evidently we've run out of old nano SIMs so they have been replaced with the fancy new ones. We'll soon run out of old hybrid SIMs (if we haven't already) and will ship out triples instead of those through MGM too. When we reach that point we'll remove the options for hybrid and nano all together on the order page to make it simpler.

All the best,

Will

@will23

I will repeat myself. I ordered 50 Nano SIM but received box of HYBRID sim TWICE.

Now I have ran out of Nano sim and not sure to order another 50 as that is my last 50 remaining on allowance. Is it possible to check what I ordered and what is in the system and what was despatched to see where it has gone wrong.

If you can confirm back that all BOX sim sent NOW are triple sim then I'm happy to order again.

Thanks.

If my post helped, click on Kudos or set as Best Answer if your problem is solved Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
former giff-staffer

on: 18/05/2015 | 11:15
Curses, I need more caffeine. My bad. I'll talk to people and see what has happened.
Former Community Manager 
Message 6 of 7
on: 19/05/2015 | 12:21
@will23 - Any update on this as I have to order the sim today.

Message 7 of 7