Knowledge Base
Community

Premium Sim Service

Started by: adrian141
On: 30/08/2016 | 20:11
Replies: 4

by: adrian141
on: 30/08/2016 | 20:11

I've ordered a new sim card yesterday 2pm as my existing one burnt out in in a water damaged phone.  The sim card has not yet been dispatched and the last one took ages to arrive as well.

I have not found any shops that stock them in the meantime.

It's a shame you can't pay for a premium next day service when its your own sim card you need a replacement for.  I don't want a free sim a week later I want my dispatched today via special delivery  - need my phone up and running again asap Smiley Sad

I then have to wait another 24 hours for the sim activation transfer process (once i get the new sim details)- all rather tedious.

Premium service would do all this for you for less than £10 (to include special delivery).

Message 1 of 5
by: rebelyell
on: 30/08/2016 | 20:15
If you report your SIM as lost/stolen the new SIM is sent by first class post.
Message 2 of 5
by: persco
on: 30/08/2016 | 20:20
Post in link below to see if a member will send some out via 1st class post or even hand deliver if a member have one in your area.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Considering-giffgaff/Need-a-sim-posting-or-hand-delivered/td-p/9981...
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: figment_uk
on: 30/08/2016 | 20:25

adrian141 wrote:

I've ordered a new sim card yesterday 2pm as my existing one burnt out in in a water damaged phone.  The sim card has not yet been dispatched and the last one took ages to arrive as well.

I have not found any shops that stock them in the meantime.

It's a shame you can't pay for a premium next day service when its your own sim card you need a replacement for.  I don't want a free sim a week later I want my dispatched today via special delivery  - need my phone up and running again asap Smiley Sad

I then have to wait another 24 hours for the sim activation transfer process (once i get the new sim details)- all rather tedious.

Premium service would do all this for you for less than £10 (to include special delivery).

@adrian141

As long as you did not report the old SIM lost/stolen to get a replacement, there are plenty of members - myself included - who will send you a SIM card personally. Some may do this at no cost, others will ask you to cover the cost.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 4 of 5
by: navvy
on: 31/08/2016 | 01:00

@adrian141

If ordered before 13:00 SIMs are now posted the same day, first class, so they should arrive the following day.  You missed the deadline.

A SIM Swap activation should normally complete in about 30 minutes.  I carry a spare SIM in my wallet so that I can cut out the postal time.

Message 5 of 5