Knowledge Base
Community

Price increase again

Started by: djecho
On: 27/07/2018 | 11:26
Replies: 22

by: djecho
on: 27/07/2018 | 11:26

Please someone tell me how you can justify putting your always on data plan up to £25?when I joined gift gaff about 2 years ago the price was £12 then it went to £15 then £18 then £20 now it's gone to £25 I find this unacceptable and no longer competitive and makes the whole point of why I joined gift gaff in the 1st place pointless I joined because they were the cheapest, now they are not so why would I stay, you have shown no loyalty to your original customers and unfortunately you are now just like all the other phone companies, as soon as you had enough customers you got too greedy and forgot about what giff gaff was supposed to be about, now it's actually at the bottom of my list because everything has to be done online, I have not put a goody bag for over a month now and i will not be topping up my phone again so once my free gift gaff to gift gaff is over I will be looking for a more competitive price plan not with 02 or gift gaff, you have lost a good customer because you got too greedy and I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels like this. RIP GiffGaff  #RIP #goodbye #greed

Message 1 of 23
by: themzbiker
on: 27/07/2018 | 11:44

Always on data used to be 9gb

before it slows down to a slower pace 

now always on is 20gb before it slows down to a slower pace 

for pay as you go that's brilliant to get a 

better deal you'll have to go on contract 

with a different provider 

@djecho

Message 2 of 23
Highlighted
by: natty88
on: 27/07/2018 | 12:39

@djecho think on it your getting and extra 11gigs for a fiver compared to the old always on data that only give 9gigs before the restrictions apply its a No win for most the New goody bags that started on the 11th July https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Say-hello-to-more-data-on-our-5-amp-7-50-goodybags-a...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 23
by: bobrobinson
on: 27/07/2018 | 12:52 edited: 27/07/2018 | 12:56

@djecho

I think the prices are fantastic for what we pay.

You can get 20gig now for £20 and i realy think that is fair.

And for the always on you get 20 gig before you get slowed down thats 11 gig extra for an extra fiver.

giffgaff are not greedy But some members are tho.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 23
by: mcilwraith
on: 27/07/2018 | 13:21

Good luck with your new provider @djecho

Message 5 of 23
by: pete2009
on: 27/07/2018 | 15:04

Sorry you're not happy with the latest goodybag range. Fortunately you have no contract so are free to choose a new provider.

Good luck and hopefully you find a deal to suit your price and needs.

Message 6 of 23
by: tazzy19
on: 27/07/2018 | 18:10

@djecho

As you've been with giffgaff so long then you know prices have to rise, at least you're not in a contract where you have to stay whilst paying the higher charges.

Go to https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details and

Cancel / turn off any auto top up
Cancel / turn off any recurring goodybag
Remove your credit / debit card details
Scroll down and ensure you save the changes

Log out and back in to ensure the changes are saved.

If you take your number to a new network then your giffgaff sim is deactivated, but deactivates after six months of non use anyway. 

If you need to keep your number with another network you'll need a PAC code.

There are two ways to get the PAC code

1. Dial 43431

2. Click here https://giffgaff.com/help/pac-code-request

Your PAC code will arrive as a SMS within 2 WORKING HOURS (Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8AM and 4PM),it will also be visible on your dashboard

Your pac code is valid for 30 days

Message 7 of 23
by: tossietom
on: 27/07/2018 | 23:18
Time to up all their allowances. Minutes etc and data. Even their masters at O2 have raised theirs.
Message 8 of 23
by: jess4455
on: 28/07/2018 | 06:56
Its never going to suit everyone
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 23
by: freedmaniac
on: 28/07/2018 | 08:15

@djecho

You are not comparing like with like here.

The data allowance has also increased - how much would you pay for 11Gb data?

Message 10 of 23