Knowledge Base
Community

Problem with Credit Cushion Testing! Are you affected?

Started by: jaymailsays
On: 17/12/2018 | 03:20
Replies: 18

by: alantony1
on: 20/12/2018 | 12:00

@mcilwraith Your probably correct about the operating system i flagged up the issue on the 15/12/18  and it was sorted by mid afternoon on the 17/12/18 so it was a couple of days . What did surprise me was how dependent i am on my phone all my banking us done online all my bills are paid online the thought of having to change everything is mind boggling. Apart from that it's good.Alan

Message 11 of 19
by: jaymailsays
on: 20/12/2018 | 17:28

@alantony1 Thanks for the update and glad it had a satisfactory conclusion.

Were you on Android or Apple apps?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 19
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 21/12/2018 | 14:43

Hello , will someone be able to explain what this is and how it happens Please? 

Message 13 of 19
by: mcilwraith
on: 21/12/2018 | 20:39

its exactly as the name says @newcrazymember2018 a credit cushion of x amount if you run out of credit

its something i think you would need to opt in or out of

Message 14 of 19
by: harrrrrry
on: 22/12/2018 | 06:01

@newcrazymember2018

It's not yet an available feature, it's only under test by some volunteer members. So, it's not possible to tell exactly what will be offered, if anything.

If the testing is successful, there will be an announcement confirming exactly what is offered and how to opt in to it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 15 of 19
by: scottish_indy
on: 15/01/2019 | 02:28

@antonlg wrote:

Cheers @jaymailsays for the thread and @as7861 for the heads-up.

It would be good to see if other members are experiencing any or similar issues. The case in the OP has just been escalated for investigation.

Mine is still not fixed.

I hoped if I left you to it for a while you might sort things out.

The replacement sim you gave me is now in the third unlocked phone I have, so as the error started when you removed me from the credit cushion, I don't see the two extra phones I've bought in addition to my original one, & the two sims my number has been switched between being the problem.

It still only receives texts & cannot receive calls & is probably out of the three month free call period, so I can't check if its still unable to make calls or send texts.

So are you going to admit its your network's problem, or would you like to send me a third sim & perhaps I can buy a fourth mobile to test it in?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 19
by: sloz
on: 15/01/2019 | 11:35
@scottish_indy
Are you still getting updates from an agent to inform you that that the problem is still in the proccess of getting fixed
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 19
Highlighted
by: scottish_indy
on: 15/01/2019 | 22:10
I've not done anything for a month

I told them about there being issues initially in Summer & it was about three months later they got round to taking me off the trial & giffgaff only works for receiving texts since.

So by roughly mid December other people were appearing to have had problems too & I was tired wasting time trying to get it fixed & did not want to waste more time over the holidays.

So sadly fixing things for others hasn't fixed things for me. So back to the agents, although I'm looking at that 120 gig a month data package for £11.66 from virgin or the 8 gig package for £6.66 from vodafone (both after cashback).
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 19
by: alantony1
on: 16/01/2019 | 12:27

@jaymailsays Hi all, as soon as the credit cushion ended i had no incoming calls and texts or out going calls and texts. The Wi-Fi was ok. The thing that upsets me is how long it took to fix.I had to get on a few people's case which wasn't right really to say your helping Giffgaff out you'd think they would jump to help.After a week my problem was resolved. One more thing i will be very reluctant to help in the future. Alan 

Message 19 of 19