Knowledge Base
Community

Purchasing a phone through GiffGaff is a dreadful procedure

Started by: jaylord1996
On: 21/01/2019 | 15:58
Replies: 17

by: jaylord1996
on: 21/01/2019 | 15:58

I am not asking a question, purely wanting to vent my frustration with GiffGaff:

I set out to purchase a new phone about 2 weeks ago with GiffGaff and it would not let me pass the 'personal details' screen when trying to purchase. I asked for help and they could not resolve this issue until today. I have found dealing with GiffGaff one of the most frustrating experiences not just in mobile phones but in general across all companies. This is largely due to the fact that they have no telephone helpline and not even an email address until you put a 'community question'!!!!!! What is that all about? because of this, issues are not resolved quickly and you are basically texting back and forth with GiffGaff when it could quite easily be sorted over the phone. 

GiffGaff is cheap and for a reason. If your happy to give up quick customer service for a cheaper phone bill then proceed with them otherwise, I would not recommend. 

Message 1 of 18
by: nigelbrooks
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:01

@jaylord1996

Frustrating, but no one compels you buy a phone through giffgaff. I would simply 'vote with your feet', buy elsewhere and be more content.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 2 of 18
by: jaylord1996
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:08
Agreed, hence why I said, "If your happy to give up quick customer service for a cheaper phone bill then proceed with them".

Also, people are not aware of the poor contact options that are available with GiffGaff before becoming a customer.
Message 3 of 18
by: jt_21
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:12

@jaylord1996 

I Haven't bought a phone from giffgaff before, personally prefer to goods from a shop where I can see the goods on display and make my own mind up, and have the item immediately...... which is become much harder these days as so much is online based, lots of people have purchased giffgaff phones and been very happy, sorry to hear of your experience, 😔

Message 4 of 18
by: defraybo2
on: 21/01/2019 | 16:13
Hi
Yes you are correct, there does seem to be some insurmountable hurdles when trying to purchase a phone from giffgaff. The obvious answer is to purchase from a different seller. The only difference here is the price obviously and the guarantee that your phone from giffgaff is 100% sim free for life and this is a difficult fact to actually tie down from other sellers they may be sim free but lock to the first sim used then you have to get it unlocked to use different sim cards / networks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 18
by: nigelbrooks
on: 21/01/2019 | 17:03

@jaylord1996

@jaylord1996 wrote:

Agreed, hence why I said, "If your happy to give up quick customer service for a cheaper phone bill then proceed with them".

Also, people are not aware of the poor contact options that are available with GiffGaff before becoming a customer.

True, to a degree save that the giffgaff approach to customer service using a forum-based approach is actually multi-award-winning and compares VERY favourably to the offerings of other networks.

It is far from perfect but a refreshing change from sitting in endless call waiting loops before being connected to a minimum-wage " computer says no" parrot.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 6 of 18
by: weelesleymc
on: 21/01/2019 | 17:06

buying a phone outright is easily done.its getting the phone on credit that causes the problems

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 18
by: isabel1066
on: 21/01/2019 | 18:18
@jaylord1996 i have seen on the forum a member who has bought 6 phones from giffgaff over an amount of time and he said he had no problems at all.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 18
by: mcilwraith
on: 21/01/2019 | 18:33

i`ve had around a dozen @isabel1066 not all for myself of course no problems but all bought outright

i think the buying process for the loan here is hopeless.having to order twice doesn`t make sense to me

Message 9 of 18
Highlighted
by: inspiron42
on: 22/01/2019 | 08:13
I have no problems buying a phone from giffgaff, and not having to waste time hanging on for customer service on the phone is a great bonus.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 18