Knowledge Base
Community

RE: goodybag and gigabag pirchases between monthly topups

Started by: krayzt
On: 15/07/2016 | 12:31
Replies: 15

by: krayzt
on: 15/07/2016 | 12:31
I have been thinking a lot about the gigabags etc. and come to the conclusion that GiffGaff require the addition of customer ability to purchaee extras for months of exceptional usage.
Therefore, rather than having to purchase another goodybag and losing any leftover minutes etc you could just purchase a 'boosterbag' which would contain the data, minutes etc that you wish to add onto your current remaining monthly goodybag, instead of removing the first in place of the 2nd.
I, and seemingly a number of others, have fallen for the assumption that purchasing a gigabag would (as it reads like) add extra data onto the current amount left in a goodybag.

So i am posting this with the simple question posited to the community as a whole.

Who else feels that GiffGaff need to offer the ability to topup your goodybag with the extra 'bags', and therefore give customers the ability to retain some value for money and not lose out on their first set of minutes etc because they needed extra data.

If you think this idea of adding to your data, minutes, and texts independantly of each other should you require extra of something one month is needed. Then please either comment your thoughts and/or kudos my original post to mark it up in the community.

😆
Message 1 of 16
by: rebelyell
on: 15/07/2016 | 12:37
It's been mentioned many times before. I think that it might be difficult to implement a scheme were you have different plans running concurrently with different start and end dates.
Message 2 of 16
by: crinkes
on: 15/07/2016 | 12:40
This has been asked for many times even before we could replace the goodybags with a new one
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 16
by: cass905
on: 15/07/2016 | 20:28
I've seen it mentioned many times all we can do is hope
Message 4 of 16
by: chelseamaniac
on: 16/07/2016 | 00:11

They are making more money wiping your old one so will not implicate this

Message 5 of 16
by: exmember-2018-4735772
on: 16/07/2016 | 05:31 edited: 16/07/2016 | 05:36

ever since gg was born this question has been asked, as yet gg have decided not to implement add ons / bolt ons or whatever other networks call them

try not to think of using just one part of a bag and then moaning about losing other allowances because you have not used them, you have still saved money compared with PAYG rates

calls 15p per min
texts 5p to send
data 5p per MB

Message 6 of 16
by: padiho
on: 16/07/2016 | 06:35

Would probably please a lot of people but addons aren't something GG do, can't see them doing it any time soon either as its been suggested many ,many times before .

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 16
by: navvy
on: 16/07/2016 | 07:06
Most people who stay within their allowances don't get full value. (eg. I've used under 100 minutes and just over 1GB of my £12.)

I believe that giffgaff take the average usage into account when fixing the prices, and if you have have used all the data, or all the minutes, then you have already had full value. (Except for the 100MB on the £5 goodybag.)

The main problem here seems to be that some people value having a fixed monthly renewal date, and don't want their date to change.

Giffgaff have problems when too many goodybags are being renewed on the same day, as it extends the total processing time. This is why we now have a lockout from 19:30 instead of 22:00.

Allowing everyone to fix their renewal dates permanently would result in certain dates having far more renewals, and excessive usage in the lead up to that date, as people feel free to use data that won't be rolled over.

(I'll do all my app updates on the last day, as I know I won't need that data for anything more important...)

Message 8 of 16
by: krayzt
on: 21/07/2016 | 05:52
Im not saying adding a new goodybag and renewal date, i'm saying having packs which add to your current useage for each thing independently whoch would just be added on for the remainder of the month. So if you buy a goodybag with 1gb of data and end up using it in half a month one month, you can purchase additional data useage for it. I do not top up as gg is online, it ended up vausing me more issues topping up credit than it helped, so i now only pirchase goodybags straight up and therefore if my useage is finished i do not tend to have the ability to continue using my phone for the remainder of the month.
Maybe if more people pushed gg to apply this kind of feature we may get them to. After all, giffgaff is meant to be 'our' network as customers. And it would clearly be both of benefit to us to add extra of what we need some months, and for giffgaff to not lose custom due to annoyed customers getting fed up of the network gradually getting worse for those of us who dont take the piss, and charge us more and more for less usage every change also.

Having a feature that allows additions within the month would not require it to have a different date as it wouldn't be renewable like goodybags, it wouls be purchased seperately and added on to that months dates. Its really rather simple to do and is somethinf others have offered for many many years. In fact since i first had a mobile phone, it is something i have always known to be available on any network...
Giffgaff is actually fast becoming the least open network for customers and their option to expand they useage. I was on giffgaff when unlimited cost £10, it is the ONLY reason i switched to them!
Message 9 of 16
by: revjonty
on: 21/07/2016 | 06:14
Put simply, either the technical issues are too great to overcome, or the will to make it possible isn't there.

This idea has been around (and had lots and lots of support) for a good long while now.

It just doesn't seem to be something that giffgaff want to do for whatever reason.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 16