Community

Recent data issue refund

Started by: eddyyoung79
On: 12/12/2018 | 08:41
Replies: 12

by: team_leader
on: 17/12/2018 | 19:12

@sandramoakley6

If you selected airtime credit then it's 90p per person.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
by: 4128334
on: 17/12/2018 | 19:24
@eddyyoung79
The following is the latest update from giffgaff stating how much compensation is to be and the Charity selected.
It's rather long:-
Hi everyone, thank you for all your votes over the last week. I promised to come back to you today with some final detail and some answers to some questions you’ve all been asking.

First of all, I know you’ve been wanting to know how big the goodwill fund is, and I can confirm today that we’ve set it at £1,000,000. Over a million of you voted, and we’ll be using the vote to split this amount across the members who chose to have credit and those who donated it to charity.

The total amount for credit chosen by members from the the fund is £612,960.30, which will be split between those members who chose to receive credit. If you’re one of them, then you’ll be receiving £0.90 to your giffgaff credit balance, as will all members who chose the same option. We’re going to start processing that today, and you should receive that over the next two weeks, along with a text message to confirm it.

Secondly, thanks to those of you who chose to donate your share to charity, the fund stands at £387,039.70. I’m pleased to be able to announce that the charity we’ll be supporting for this is Crisis, a charity working hard to support people who are homeless. At this time of year, it can be very dangerous to live and sleep on the street alone, and with your donation it means that more people will be able to access companionship and essential services over Christmas at Crisis’ centres across the country, as well as support their efforts to end homelessness throughout the year. You can read more about the great work they do at Crisis’ website.

We hope that your generous donation will go a long way to having a big impact on the people that need to make use of these centres over Christmas and beyond - we’ll be making that payment as soon as we can, so that Crisis can make sure that it’s being put to use as soon as possible.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 13