Started by: harrrrrry
On: 21/07/2016 | 13:29
Replies: 16

by: navvy
on: 22/07/2016 | 18:48

figment_uk wrote:

To add further to the confusion, the numbers at the top of the page show:

• Total SIM orders in the two payback periods explained above; and
  • Total activations since you joined giffgaff (this figure will drop if one of your recruits subsequently does a SIM swap using a SIM ordered elsewhere)

@figment_uk

Thanks!  So I can get rid of half of my 16 recruits (which are mostly SIMs that I'm looking after) by doing SIM swaps to SIMs from other accounts.  Maybe I could order the SIMs from one of those accounts.

So, do I want to get rid of my SR status and be unable to see whether the SR recruits page gets fixed?

Message 11 of 17
by: figment_uk
on: 22/07/2016 | 19:02

@navvy

You could, but I doubt it would drop you out of the SR program.  I'm pretty certain it's a case of "You're in, and you're staying"

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 12 of 17
on: 22/07/2016 | 19:20

figment_uk wrote:

@navvy

You could, but I doubt it would drop you out of the SR program.  I'm pretty certain it's a case of "You're in, and you're staying"

@figment_uk

That sounds worth experimenting with :-)

Message 13 of 17
by: harrrrrry
on: 22/07/2016 | 22:03

navvy:

SIM swaps are shown on my SR page .... The filter settings need to be changed to show this.

Mine is not an SR page and there is no sign of any optional filter that might cause them to show.

But the email specifically stated the member received the £5 bonus ... so it could not be a sim swap.

From past knowledge, sim swaps are conspicuous only by their sim disappearing, which seems to be absolutely the most stupid way of identifying a sim as a swap that anybody ever could devise. But as stated, this cannot be a sim swap for the email to state that the member has received the bonus.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 14 of 17
by: figment_uk
on: 23/07/2016 | 06:18

@harrrrrry

Is it possible that:

• The SIM card was ordered before 1 December 2015? ; or
  • It was used by someone returning to giffgaff, re-using an old account?
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 15 of 17
on: 23/07/2016 | 08:29

harrrrrry wrote:

navvy:

SIM swaps are shown on my SR page .... The filter settings need to be changed to show this.

Mine is not an SR page and there is no sign of any optional filter that might cause them to show.

But the email specifically stated the member received the £5 bonus ... so it could not be a sim swap.

From past knowledge, sim swaps are conspicuous only by their sim disappearing, which seems to be absolutely the most stupid way of identifying a sim as a swap that anybody ever could devise. But as stated, this cannot be a sim swap for the email to state that the member has received the bonus.

@harrrrrry

If you know the membername for the recruit, I would suggest you contact an agent to investigate why you received the email but can't see them on the Recruits page.  They make it difficult by not providing the membername on the email, but I guess they ought to be able to trace from the date/time that the email was sent out?

I can't understand why the SR recruits page isn't made available to all members.  The info is stored for everyone even before they become an SR.

Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
by: harrrrrry
on: 23/07/2016 | 09:59 edited: 23/07/2016 | 10:03

@figment_uk

• The SIM card was ordered before 1 December 2015? ; or
  • It was used by someone returning to giffgaff, re-using an old account?

It was a new account, registered in June. The sim was one of the newest design with digital noise.

But it is fairly likely that it was ordered before 1st December and quite honestly, a list that covers only 7 months and omits activations during the period for a wholly irrelevant reason isn't worth the bother of compiling.

We're told that sims do not expire -- yet at the same time, it seems we should throw away any sims that are more than about four months old if we actually want to see them on our activations page.

More intelligent would be to list all sims activated in the last 7-12 months -- it's the activation date that matters, not the age of the sim. Though quite honestly, the average person isn't going to activate enough sims in three years to stretch a properly engineered database.

So, maybe the list should have two sections :

• a full list of activated sims regardless of age of sim, sorted in date of activation
  • orders during the last two payback periods, sorted in order date, exactly as at present but including sim swaps instead of hiding them.

That would make the list serve a very useful purpose that it currently doesn't.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 17 of 17