Refer a friend - December Prize draw ??

Started by: bluemoonbaz
On: 16/01/2019 | 17:54
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 16/01/2019 | 17:54

WHO won or did i miss it ??

the winners will be chosen by random draw, performed by a computer process on 03/01/2019.

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: ray2
on: 17/01/2019 | 11:51

Hi @bluemoonbaz

This message from @chris_i_b this morning on announcements

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Refer-a-friend-December-Prize-draw/m-p/22916700#M129...

Hi all,

Apologies for being a bit slow to reply. I can confirm we have contacted all winners of the prize draw. The winners have until the 22nd to confirm their claim. If we fail to hear from the winners by this date, as per the terms then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we will then select a new winner. 

So far, most winners have claimed their prizes and some have began to receive them. However, there are still a few prizes yet to be claimed so hopefully we receive their claim soon.

Thanks,

Chris

And one of the winners has responded 

@solo5832

Just received my new Samsung Galaxy S9 phones!!! Absolutely delighted and can't thank giffgaff enough.  Do people still use other airtime providers? Astonishing ...... 

so we are slowly getting to know who the winners are ,but some have yet to claim Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
by: davidevans0000
on: 16/01/2019 | 18:08
@bluemoonbaz wonder if this has something to do with it taken from other thread.
9. The winners will be notified by email or SMS (using details provided at entry) before 10/01/2019 and must provide their PayPal details (if they have won the £1,302 prize) to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to us within 14 days of being notified by us, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
on: 16/01/2019 | 18:12

@davidevans0000

Cheers David ..Maybe that's the case then as I thought giffgaff would have had a bit of a promotion about the winners 

Message 3 of 9
on: 16/01/2019 | 18:48

Cheers @b_richards 

That could explain why i saw nothing.

Suprised gifgaff have not made a big promotional post on the community Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 9
by: b_richards
on: 16/01/2019 | 18:51
I only saw it myself by chance @bluemoonbaz , maybe the winners wanted to stay anonymous? (Except the winner of the S9 in that particular thread)
Message 6 of 9
on: 16/01/2019 | 18:58

Yes @b_richards maybe so and i wouldnt blame them , even so thought giffgaff would have announced the winners 

in true giffgaff style . 

Seems a waste of of good press for giffgaff and possible new joiners 

Message 7 of 9
by: ray2
on: 17/01/2019 | 11:51

Hi @bluemoonbaz

This message from @chris_i_b this morning on announcements

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Refer-a-friend-December-Prize-draw/m-p/22916700#M129...

Hi all,

Apologies for being a bit slow to reply. I can confirm we have contacted all winners of the prize draw. The winners have until the 22nd to confirm their claim. If we fail to hear from the winners by this date, as per the terms then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we will then select a new winner. 

So far, most winners have claimed their prizes and some have began to receive them. However, there are still a few prizes yet to be claimed so hopefully we receive their claim soon.

Thanks,

Chris

And one of the winners has responded 

@solo5832

Just received my new Samsung Galaxy S9 phones!!! Absolutely delighted and can't thank giffgaff enough.  Do people still use other airtime providers? Astonishing ...... 

so we are slowly getting to know who the winners are ,but some have yet to claim Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
on: 17/01/2019 | 13:37

Cheers Rach  @ray2

That answers the question 😀

Message 9 of 9