by: tradertall
on: 05/11/2018 | 15:08
giffgaff should make an announcement.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 20
by: techiebloke
on: 05/11/2018 | 15:20

@various_mm wrote:

this has been discussed so many times since the Brexit issue broke up two years ago

until the brexit deal is sorted things are likely to stay the same- it will be for oher things and most likely will be for mobile phone usage to in the EU

so until anything is confirmed in terms of a deal on brexit, there is no point discussing because constructive discussion can only take place when there are firm and clear facts. at this moment in time, brexit negotiations are still ongoing

@techiebloke @teamworkandplay @endorphin @timwilliams25 @mcilwraith

@various_mm

True, however as I have said, as the abolition of roaming fees came about through legislation and not commercial negotiation between network operations I strongly suspect they will return unless networks agree amongst themselves not to reimpose them which I think is unlikely except in the case both networks are owned by the same parent or more lucrative commercial terms are offered.

Again noone knows for certain.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 12 of 20
by: various_mm
on: 05/11/2018 | 18:44

@techiebloke wrote:

@various_mm wrote:

this has been discussed so many times since the Brexit issue broke up two years ago

until the brexit deal is sorted things are likely to stay the same- it will be for oher things and most likely will be for mobile phone usage to in the EU

so until anything is confirmed in terms of a deal on brexit, there is no point discussing because constructive discussion can only take place when there are firm and clear facts. at this moment in time, brexit negotiations are still ongoing

@techiebloke @teamworkandplay @endorphin @timwilliams25 @mcilwraith

@various_mm

True, however as I have said, as the abolition of roaming fees came about through legislation and not commercial negotiation between network operations I strongly suspect they will return unless networks agree amongst themselves not to reimpose them which I think is unlikely except in the case both networks are owned by the same parent or more lucrative commercial terms are offered.

Again noone knows for certain.

@techiebloke

it may well be ahat you say but equally networks could work something up because they will thenk taking free roming away may not go down well. 

but as said no point discusising, until the brexit situvation is certi nand details have bene confirmed.

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 13 of 20
by: inspiron42
on: 06/11/2018 | 08:41
At least networks will be able to choose which countries to offer free roaming rather than having to offer 27 not very useful options.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 20
by: mijthebarber
on: 06/11/2018 | 13:15
Its took us years to get roaming , and now we are screwed again ,,, serves all those people that voted out
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 20
by: andrewredman
on: 06/11/2018 | 13:59

@mijthebarber wrote:

Its took us years to get roaming , and now we are screwed again ,,, serves all those people that voted out

Doubt they will be bothered, most have never been overseas, and if they have it's been on some all inclusive holiday to one of the english speaking resorts where they have just drank alcohol throughout their week in the sun.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 20
Highlighted
on: 07/11/2018 | 08:23
Or they avoid the tourist traps, absorb the local culture, and make efforts to use the language.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 20
by: pusser
on: 07/11/2018 | 21:42
I don’t think there’s any doubt that the EU will reintroduce the roaming fee, who in their right mind would pass up so much income.
@freedmaniac - as far as I know bananas grow as they like, not to order, some more curved than others. As far as cucumbers being straight, you don’t need to blame the EU, it was the large supermarkets that told suppliers they wanted more to a box, hence straight one being produced. 😀
Message 18 of 20
by: freedmaniac
on: 08/11/2018 | 07:49

@pusser

You may think that........but I couldn't POSSIBLY comment.

Message 19 of 20
on: 08/11/2018 | 08:22
Roaming is all about net traffic. If you have equal traffic going both ways, roamers coming here and roamers visiting there, the roaming fee cancels out. I would expect networks to look at where people actually visit and base free roaming on that. Hence a shift from the currently limited option of 27 out of 200.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 20