Knowledge Base
Community

Rubbish customer service

Started by: becks2000
On: 07/01/2019 | 17:41
Replies: 14

by: becks2000
on: 07/01/2019 | 17:41

Hi bought a new iPhone 6s on the 27/12/18 it was faulty first I couldn't get them to start a return once I got it back the accept the return but came up with some rubbish story about they couldn't get a replacement I checked there stock and they had the same phone in stock but what they did was to refund me I bought the phone in the sale at £279 but the price has gone back up to £349 they are nothing but crooks I'm going to report them to trading standards and the the regulater shocking customer service there is three other members off my family on giffgaff and we're al going to leave absolutely rubbish

Message 1 of 15
by: giffgafful
on: 07/01/2019 | 17:47
Sorry to hear you had an unfortunate experience with giffgaff. You could always file an official complaint if you feel you have been treated unfairly:

https://giffgaff.com/support/complaints
Message 2 of 15
by: pwei94
on: 07/01/2019 | 18:05
Giffgaff don't have to offer you a replacement, so trading standards will do nothing.

Whilst they have done nothing wrong this is a terrible bit of customer service bang a complaint in
Message 3 of 15
by: isabel1066
on: 07/01/2019 | 18:19
@becks2000 you got back what you paid trading standards and the regulator will do nothing.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 15
by: timwilliams25
on: 07/01/2019 | 19:44

This is not good PR for the mobile sales team.  As others have stated, as you have been given a full refund, there is no obligation for giffgaff to sell you another phone at the price you had purchased for.  It would have been nice of them to do it though.

It may be worth messaging the complaints dept to make them aware.  Try to keep it professional and explain how disappointed you were and how you will need to take your business elsewhere.  Who knows, you may get something from your complaint.  Worth a try, but remember, be nice, be professional and point out the areas you are dissappointed with and give constructive criticism as to how your would have preferred your problem to have been dealt with by giffgaff.

Hope you get a positive result - you got nothing to lose really - here is the link https://giffgaff.com/support/complaints

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 5 of 15
by: giffgaff20147
on: 07/01/2019 | 21:10

@becks2000

Hello a similar thing with a big store bought phone at offer price faulty and price went up ,

they offered refund or I could  pay the difference of increase to get new one ,

its standard practice 

its a pity giffgaff didnt give you that option 

however they refunded you that’s all they needed to do 

Message 6 of 15
by: tradertall
on: 08/01/2019 | 11:48
that's bad :/
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 15
by: crystaltipps
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:28

I wouldn't buy a phone off giffgaff they're uncontactable if there's a problem. It's most likely a 3rd party as well rather than giffgaff themselves to add to that.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 15
by: freedmaniac
on: 08/01/2019 | 17:37

@becks2000

While I agree that it is a bad experience for you, you cannot go around accusing people of being crooks.

You got your money back and, as others have pointed out, Trading Standards will consider the matter resolved in that case.

Threats of all of the family leaving are unlikely to make much difference I'm afraid.

Message 9 of 15
by: becks2000
on: 11/01/2019 | 21:55
Who cares what you think would you pay an extra £70 for the same phone don't think so
Message 10 of 15