Knowledge Base
Community

Run By You .....

Started by: brulaw
On: 23/08/2016 | 21:30
Replies: 17

by: brulaw
on: 23/08/2016 | 21:30

Is the tag line " Run by You " being taken to literally ?

There's no doubt it's a great tag line and has done exactly as it was intended to do ,

However there are times when it could be said that it is taken to literally and that can lead to misunderstandings and misinterpretation of what is meant by it  ,

Over the years there have been various changes  to the network / community mostly caused by growth and progress  , and there's an impending " New design for the community " on the horizon ,  perhaps it's a timely opportunity to update that tag line , bring it into line with any intended  new look  .... it wouldn't need to be a huge change  , a subtle change of one word  would do the trick ....... instead of Run , use Inspired  , it could look something like this ........

inspired by you.jpg

Message 1 of 18
by: weetinamc
on: 23/08/2016 | 21:33

has it ever been run by the members?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 18
by: brulaw
on: 23/08/2016 | 21:45 edited: 23/08/2016 | 21:48

weetinamc wrote:

has it ever been run by the members?

If answered honestly the answer to that would probably have to be No  ,  but .... members have been allowed to have considerable influence in quite a few developments ..... 

In all fairness to giffgaff it would have to be said that they have invited and reacted to more customer ( member ) involvement than ANY other business that I'm aware of , they have taken on board many ideas and suggestions over the years and giffgaff is a better network for the input they have acted upon , the slight change in the tag line would avoid it being taken to literally .

Message 3 of 18
by: moominpappa
on: 23/08/2016 | 21:50
I don't want to sound negative but giffgaff don't listen as much to their customers these days.
Yes there is some involvement from giffgaff staff, but it's often to advise us of a new idea or change - which is actually an update as to how giffgaff is going to change (eg Goodybag changes, Clout, etc).

"Giffgaff - get involved" would be a better line than "run by you".
Click on my banner to get £5 free credit & free calls & texts to giffgaff numbers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 18
by: kath72
on: 23/08/2016 | 22:20
I guess 'run by you' could never apply to all of us. While we all get to give our opinions giffgaff could never implement everything that everybody comes up with as we all have different wants and opinions.

and sometimes, to keep the business going, things have to be implemented which are not wanted.

I guess it could be argued customer support is 'run by you' ?

I think 'inspired by you' is quite an inspired tag line! Good idea @brulaw
Message 5 of 18
by: phillsibson
on: 24/08/2016 | 06:10

Hi everyone,

erm... Most of the help and support in these is not simply 'inspired' by 'us' it is provided by the people here.

Also, a lot of change has been discussed here before it was implimented - although people who didn't get their own way often complain that things were all decided long before any 'consultation' and we never really had a say.  Changing the tag line will not make any difference to that.

Ever since I've been here people have been shouting the odds about 'running' the network.

Changing the tag line will not change the 'I want this and can't have it..... I thought giffgaff were different' complaints.

BUT  

We will still be doing what we do here - it just won't be recognised in the tag line - aren't all Networks and similar services 'inspired' by there customers?  (if not, they should be!)

Keep the tag line - giffgaff is a different network and 'run by you' points to one of the differences.

Message 6 of 18
by: wilpatgala
on: 24/08/2016 | 07:36

Yes 'Inspired by you'  sounds good, and very apt @brulaw

To be fair to you @weetinamc I don't think any company is ever run by its customers which woul be a bit like the tail wagging the dog but in the case of giffgaff over the yeat, they have taken on board a lot of the suggestions made by the members

Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 7 of 18
by: jess4455
on: 24/08/2016 | 08:30
Helped out by other members but ran by giffgaff
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 18
by: paulipat45
on: 24/08/2016 | 10:19

Yes I agree @brulaw the tag 'run by you' is getting a little weary now

Message 9 of 18
by: mcilwraith
on: 24/08/2016 | 10:52

i`d say thats a more apt way of putting how things are @brulaw although as you know some of the guys in the kb put a lot of work in behind the scenes with little acknowledgement

Message 10 of 18