Community

Run by you – prize ideas needed

Started by: clairekav
On: 05/07/2011 | 14:15
Replies: 154

by: clairekav
former giff-staffer

on: 05/07/2011 | 14:15

We’ve not run a large competition previously and I thought it might be nice to give you folks the opportunity to help select the prizes.

As you know, instead of spending money all our on advertising, we consistently put this back into the community – and this time, it’s in the form of a competition to win prizes

So, not to spoil the surprise too much, I’m looking to launch a competition soon – which all members will be able to enter. The guts of the competition is to encourage a few things that we know that keep members happy and helps to grow giffgaff. There will be an opportunity for each member to get a maximum of 6 entries to the competition over a 6 week period. I’d hope to have a random winner of a major prize, then a couple of smaller prizes and lots of small fun prizes.

Now this is where you folks come in. I’d like to get some ideas and feedback – the best/ most popular ones we’ll select (so long as they’re feasible, ie I can buy them).

I have a budget of £20k which I can spend – my initial thought was to perhaps put £10k for the “main prize” and £10k split for multiple smaller prizes for example:

• Main prize: A luxury holiday / or a car for x @ £10k
  • Smaller prizes: X number of branded t-shirts, X number of fun gadgets, X number of iPhone covers, x number of something not branded fun item, all tallying up to £10k

Now, thinking about what would motivate you + other people who don’t hang out in the community – what do you think would be the best way to approach the prizes?

The main prize needs to be something that would motivate you to participate – the smaller prizes give the sense that it’s worth participating as you there are pretty good odds that you’ll at least get something.

If you’ve spotted a gadget that you fancy, thought about something that you’d like the giffgaff branding on or a large ticket item that you’re drooling over – and think that would motivate a few thousand members into action please jot your ideas down

Note: Cash isn’t an option, but anything else I can consider.

Thanks folks! I look forward to hearing your suggestions! 

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
Message 1 of 155
by: daveysludge
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:20
I hope I dont win first prize, I dont have a passport and my driving license has been revoked!
micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 2 of 155
by: tortoiseshell
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:21

For the main prize, personally I'd much rather have a car than spend £10k on a holiday. No other ideas for the biggy, but I'll think on it.

For the little prizes, new phones are an obvious one. Also how about giffgaff topups applied directly to an account? Or bonus Payback points (although I suppose that counts as cash...)

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
(With FREE £5 bonus credit when you topup with £10)

**MICROSIM**MICROSIM** Click HERE for a Pro-cut iPhone 4 MicroSIM! **MICROSIM**MICROSIM**
Message 3 of 155
by: theshadowman
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:21

If it's over 6 weeks I think something along the lines of main prize per week £2k, totalling £12k. then £8k in smaller prizes over the weeks.

Message 4 of 155
by: tortoiseshell
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:24

Something with a bit of status attached - new VIG SIMs perhaps? Or if that's out of reach how about a year's worth of goodybags?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
(With FREE £5 bonus credit when you topup with £10)

**MICROSIM**MICROSIM** Click HERE for a Pro-cut iPhone 4 MicroSIM! **MICROSIM**MICROSIM**
Message 5 of 155
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:24

Phones, iPads, experience days, holidays, bonusbonds, theme park tickets, ticketmaster vouchers.....

Message 6 of 155
by: daveysludge
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:26
What about memory cards, pen drives etc. for the smaller prizes?
micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 7 of 155
by: joolzian
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:28

If you give a car you could brand it with the giffgaff logo with a condition it stays on 12/24 months.

Message 8 of 155
by: skyline007
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:33

Good idea of gg car with stickers as it would be a prize plus advertisement for gg. Im waiting for some stickers to put onto cars.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 9 of 155
on: 05/07/2011 | 14:36

daveysludge wrote:
What about memory cards, pen drives etc. for the smaller prizes?

giffgaff branded ones...yeah.

Message 10 of 155