Knowledge Base
Community

SHOCKING DELIVERY SERVICE - GIFF GAFF TEAM PLEASE USE DIFFERENT COURIER

Started by: charliehuman
On: 16/05/2018 | 16:52
Replies: 4

by: charliehuman
on: 16/05/2018 | 16:52

If a GiffGaff team member sees this please take note.

UK Mail were supposed to deliver my phone today and I've had an awful first experience with this company - I made sure I was home to collect my parcel and then out of nowhere on the tracking app it said someone had attempted to deliver it and they definitely had not. Its made coming back to GiffGaff a horrible initial experience. 

Would warn anyone buying a phone from Giff Gaff to not order it through the post as these guys will not deliver it and you'll have to do what I did which was mess up your work day, then go and collect it yourself from the depot later that evening. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!

To the GiffGaff team - I URGE you to use an alternative courier service for future customers. You only have to look here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk+mail+depot+e16+4tg&oq=UK+mail&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l3j0l2.12... to see the poor customer service they provide, which doesn't match up with GiffGaff's good customer service. 

Charlie

Message 1 of 5
by: mcilwraith
on: 16/05/2018 | 17:28

sorry about your problem @charliehuman but all couriers can be problematic

so far ive had 7 or maybe 8 phones (lost count) all from ukmail and all delivered next day

Message 2 of 5
by: giffgaffprepper
on: 16/05/2018 | 19:27 edited: 16/05/2018 | 19:29

@charliehuman

I think gg are having issues with UKMail recently, I have made posts recently concerning this, specifically for an issue I was aware of on twitter

but as yet they are not admitting anything, with regards to your problem, what time did UKmail give you as a time slot for your delivery today? do you live in an ordinary house in an ordinary street,  or a flat / apartment?

Message 3 of 5
by: padiho
on: 17/05/2018 | 15:18

@charliehuman From personal experience on the phone I purchased from giffgaff it was delivered the following day without a problem. Having said that , you are by no means the first person to bring this up. I have seen this complaint many many times. As the saying  " no smoke without fire " goes ,  I think it's time that giffgaff took these complaints seriously and at least looked into it. So sorry you've had problems. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 5
by: kath72
on: 17/05/2018 | 19:25
I wonder how many phones gg send out every day ?

Your experience is unacceptable but ..
If there is 1 complaint on here a day but they are dispatching 1000 phones that’s pretty good ... if they are only dispatching 10 phones though then it’s rubbish service.

Personally I wouldn’t fault the delivery of my phone (just the inconvenience of someone having to be available to be home all day.

I’ve had terrible experience with other delivery companies though
Message 5 of 5