Knowledge Base
Community

SIM card packaging idea

Started by: w4rr3nb86
On: 08/08/2016 | 11:59
Replies: 6

by: w4rr3nb86
on: 08/08/2016 | 11:59
Its very convenient that the SIMS that are sent out come in an informative and concise little pamphlet.

It is not very convenient that my name and address is inked on the front of it.

Any way that the address details of the SIM-recipient can be sort of removably stuck on to the pamphlet at all?

I've resorted to tearing the front half off for confidentiality reasons, but that isn't the intended look giff-gaff is aiming for, I'm guessing?

Just an idea any way.

Peace.
Message 1 of 7
by: nosh2
on: 08/08/2016 | 12:02
Thats a good idea but on the other side u can send a sim out direct to ur friends and family and this way it has there name but if u give it out like shops then yes u dnt want people to have ur details
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: w4rr3nb86
on: 08/08/2016 | 12:08
I'm in a position to stop and deal with members of the public, so a branded yet de-individualized package to conveniently hand them that doesn't breach my own privacy, would be ideal. The usage of smart phones these days you can't stop and chat to some one for a minute without pulling your phone out...which is my trigger to segue into phone usage, cost efficiency..etc etc....to then seal the deal by handing a bundle of SIMS in a tidy little pamphlet. Every one walks away happy. Especially me if they whack £10 air credit on.
Message 3 of 7
by: gindygoo
on: 08/08/2016 | 12:33
Order 50 SIMs in a box (siab) these come in individual packaging specially made to hang on the ranks you see SIMs sitting on in-store.

Ask an agent to increase your SIM limit of you're not already allowed 50 or more a month. Then order the whole lot in one go, so instead of multiples of 1-3, put 50 in the amount needed box.

Good luck recruiting.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
by: harrrrrry
on: 08/08/2016 | 12:56

@w4rr3nb86

Any way that the address details of the SIM-recipient can be sort of removably stuck on to the pamphlet at all?

If you have a one-off sim, then you're intended to cut along the fold and give the recipient what is left.

If you have a three-off sim, then you're intended to cut along the fold and the other dotted lines and give just the sim with the small panel.

In all cases, your address isn't part of the package you're intended to give out. The instructions are behind the sim carrier when it is peeled off. But if you have a reasonable printer, you'll find some members have created leaflets that you can print and give out along with the sim.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 5 of 7
by: mcilwraith
on: 08/08/2016 | 13:03

cut along the dotted line and your address isnt shown.its left on its own

no need for any change

only my opinion of course

Message 7 of 7