Knowledge Base
Community

SMARTY now beats giffgaff's Always On with their unlimited plan

Started by: glaswegianeric
On: 12/02/2019 | 09:30
Replies: 23

by: glaswegianeric
on: 12/02/2019 | 09:30 edited: 12/02/2019 | 09:31

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/unlimited?utm_campaign=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=TechRadar&ut...

The same £25 per month, valid to compare with giffgaff as both are Pay&Go. No awkward "rules" that nobody knows how they work that get you banned.

The only downside is it's on Three (coverage) without VoLTE and WiFi Calling support.

Message 1 of 24
by: allan1954
on: 12/02/2019 | 10:12
it's a good deal that but giffgaff ok for me as all I use is calls.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 24
by: glaswegianeric
on: 12/02/2019 | 10:20
@allan1954 Don't get me wrong, giffgaff suits me as well. It's just their Always On package has always been a bit...controversial, and with offers like the one from Smarty it seems less and less competitive.
Message 3 of 24
by: ashleybristoluk
on: 12/02/2019 | 10:28

oh dear beat GG 

Message 4 of 24
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 12/02/2019 | 12:10

@glaswegianeric wrote:

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/unlimited?utm_campaign=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=TechRadar&ut...

The same £25 per month, valid to compare with giffgaff as both are Pay&Go. No awkward "rules" that nobody knows how they work that get you banned.

The only downside is it's on Three (coverage) without VoLTE and WiFi Calling support.

@glaswegianeric giffgaff will never match or beat that

Happy with the package im on but the always on package is very poor as a package even worse when u think that incorrect use which is decided by giffgaff on an individual basis can get you banned from purchasing the always on goodybag in future

That too me is really stupid why offer it if ur gonna ban members

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 24
by: djdevil13
on: 12/02/2019 | 14:22
@glaswegianeric I seen this on my Google news feed last night and apparently there also allowing unlimited tethering like three now do. This would be great for Giffgaff to other. Data unlimited at full speed plus tethering unlimited.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 12/02/2019 | 19:35
Looks like they are using the same 1000gb fair use policy as Three use, which by all accounts is not something I'd ever get close to, even if I tried, much better price than Three's offering too which is at £35, so although a loss in VoLTE and WiFi calling support, you save £10.

The only thing I experienced when using a Three Unlimited sim was signal coverage, but when it worked it was brilliant as a temp solution until I got fibre sorted out.

giffgaff Educator

Message 7 of 24
by: timwilliams25
on: 13/02/2019 | 07:24

giffgaff will always compete in my eyes but it will never be a class leader when it comes to data available for the cheapest possible monthly payment.  If giffgaff reduced payback, then I imagine goodybag prices and mobile data available could be different.  People need to consider what is best for them

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 8 of 24
by: formulaone
on: 14/02/2019 | 20:34

Sounds good (on the £25 unlimited plan) and the fact that there is (no speed restrictions), however, having said that. Nothing will change my mind about giffgaff. I'm here to stay for life !! Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 24
by: davidevans0000
on: 15/02/2019 | 08:53
if you watch catch up tv and the BBC iplayer this uses in around 45 minutes tethering 1GB data but i am still happy on giffgaff and dont want to move.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 24