Community

Science Forum

Started by: simonemachine
On: 25/08/2016 | 20:19
Replies: 22

Go to best answer
by: simonemachine
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:19
I'd like to see a dedicated science forum. What do people think?
renovating the tissues
Message 1 of 23
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: woodyuk
on: 26/08/2016 | 07:26

It's a subject that would interest me but as mentioned above,I'm not certain that it would generate enough interest for giffgaff to consider it worthy of it's own sub forum,but hey,I could well be wrong.

There may be a way to get the ball rolling though and see how things go and how many people get involved.

The problem with GD is that threads get lost from the first few pages because they get swamped by the never ending "good morning","good night" and "what shall I have for my tea?"threads which are equaly as entitled to be there so perhaps you could start a dedicated science/tech thread and ask the community team to sticky it in GD for a while so it's easy for people to find and return to.Then,if it proves popular enough maybe giffgaff would decide to find a dedicated space for it.

Not an perfect solution but it would be a start.

Message 17 of 23
by: terran_federation
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:23
I'd love it, but it's the same when it comes to requesting a technology or gadget forum: I've been told that the place for these is in General Discussion.

Most proper threads in there get quickly lost in the pointless drivel that makes up 95% of GD threads Smiley Sad
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 2 of 23
by: auntied
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:31
A separate forum....for science?

GD is the place for anything like that. Tbh i can't see an actual dedicated forum just for science taking off. In fact i'm quite confident it wouldn't.

But if you've got some good science topics then make a thread in GD, if it's that good/interesting then it'd stay on page one of the board on its own merit. Or may even get stickied!
Message 3 of 23
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:33
@terran_federation,

It would definitely stop science/tech subjects going missing. Throw sc-fi in as well and i think it would be one of the liveliest forums on giffgaff ;-)
renovating the tissues
Message 4 of 23
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:36
@auntied, disagree with you completely. It's a big shelf topic and would allow like-minded people to hang out without sitting through GD
renovating the tissues
Message 5 of 23
by: terran_federation
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:38
I love a bit of sci-fi Smiley Wink

To get a discussion going in GD might need a controversial aspect, though - Everyone seems to want an argument in there these days.
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 6 of 23
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:41
Well obviously it's only my opinion, but if you think the same people who make "what's your favourite colour/pizza topping/number" etc would be interested in science topics then i think you're sadly mistaken.

And let's face it, that board is full of people like that (mostly)
Message 7 of 23
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:45
gg could just pilot the idea. Won't cost anything and off it doesn't work then ditch it

Are you listening giffstaffers, up there in your giffgaff tower!!!!????
renovating the tissues
Message 8 of 23
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:47
@auntied,then those people most likely wouldn't bother with it.
renovating the tissues
Message 9 of 23
on: 25/08/2016 | 20:49
Exactly!

Then there's no one else left.
Message 10 of 23