Security Error Message when logging into giffgaff

Started by: rong42
On: 23/02/2011 | 09:56
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: rong42
on: 23/02/2011 | 09:56

Hello all,

When I log into gg (I'm using IE 8 on my PC at work) I get the following message come up:

Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?
This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.
Yes and no options

I didn't have this problem originally when I signed up, but then it started happening. But it had seemed to solve itself recently as it didn't happen for a bit, but now its come back this week. Possibly related to the website update this week?

Was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue?

And yes, I know, should update browser and use a better/different one

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: andy0
on: 23/02/2011 | 15:03

This is a feature of your browser, not an error

You can get similar messages all over the internet, that there is a mixture of secure and non-secure elements on the page. For example, you might be on a secure page looking at an account or even just an internet forum, and some of the images are on non-secure parts of the site, or hosted on other sites (for example avatars on a forum)

Message 7 of 8
by: aks782
on: 23/02/2011 | 09:59
I also see it everytime I'm using IE8, just get used to always hitting yes :/

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

Message 2 of 8
by: brulaw
on: 23/02/2011 | 10:00

I'm  also getting it , and so are others , Its got something to do with new security measures recently implemented by GiffGaff . 

Message 3 of 8
by: jonmc95
on: 23/02/2011 | 10:01

@rong42 wrote:

Hello all,

When I log into gg (I'm using IE 8 on my PC at work) I get the following message come up:

Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?
This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage.
Yes and no options

I didn't have this problem originally when I signed up, but then it started happening. But it had seemed to solve itself recently as it didn't happen for a bit, but now its come back this week. Possibly related to the website update this week?

Was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue?

And yes, I know, should update browser and use a better/different one

Maybe download and use Firefox? Or Google chrome?

If you like the sound of giffgaff why not Order a FREE sim card below that comes with £5 FREE credit!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
by: xmob
on: 23/02/2011 | 10:12 edited: 23/02/2011 | 10:13

This is because some content of the page isn't coming over SSL (the s part of https).

I haven't bothered looking, but nine times out of ten it's due to an image in the page not being requested over ssl.

Message 5 of 8
by: aaabzx3
on: 23/02/2011 | 14:54

use google chrome, its much faster and securer Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
by: andy0
on: 23/02/2011 | 15:03

This is a feature of your browser, not an error

You can get similar messages all over the internet, that there is a mixture of secure and non-secure elements on the page. For example, you might be on a secure page looking at an account or even just an internet forum, and some of the images are on non-secure parts of the site, or hosted on other sites (for example avatars on a forum)

Message 7 of 8
by: rong42
on: 24/02/2011 | 16:38

for the record I've switched to Firefox at work, and now have no issue

Thanks for the reponses people

Message 8 of 8