On: 08/02/2019 | 16:40
Replies: 26

Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 08/02/2019 | 16:40 edited: 15/02/2019 | 08:40

member suggestions.jpg

Recognise a marvellous giffgaffer

Has one of our marvellous giffgaffers made a positive impact on your time with us? Why not let us know.  You can either tell a lovely story about them in comments below or share it privately with us if you’re feeling a bit shy. Here’s a form to submit your story to us in private.

Bringing the community together

giffgaff is the only network run by you. From the start, it has been built with our members and has continued to evolve throughout the years. But some things don’t change. Our members are at the heart of everything we do. This is your community and you run it the way you want. We simply help you connect with other marvellous folks, creating new opportunities to have your say.

We want to celebrate you

We have always been looking for new, exciting ways to celebrate our members. In past, we’ve run yearly member awards which were a great way to recognise some of our top members but with the community expanding far and wide, we wanted to recognise our members’ contributions no matter where they are. So after reading around the forum and listening to your feedback, we’ve decided to roll out member celebrations throughout the year.  You’ll see our members faces and their stories on our social media channels, blog and community, building up to an exciting piece for our 10th birthday in November. Oooh. The very first celebration will be next week, so watch this space.

Peer recognition

There wouldn’t be a community without you, so we want you to tell us all of your favourite stories about amazing members who’ve gone above and beyond. We are no longer looking at a few winner categories like we used to because we think every single story is unique and worth celebrating. So if a member has simply made your day better, tell us about them. We’d love to hear from you. This thread will be open all year round so pop in any time.

Over and out,

Aggie and giffgaff team

Message 1 of 27
by: geu42
on: 08/02/2019 | 17:05

My daughter, @auntied , if she hadn't badgered me into joining then I'd never have gotten to interact with some really nice people on here. So thank you Debbie Smiley Happy

And @kath72 , who is so talented and creative and makes fantastic content for the forum. Her Homemade Christmas thread and now her Homemade Valentine's thread are strewn with ideas, she also shows step by step how to make things, and encourages everyone who takes part to post their own creations. Thank you Kath, you're a little forum star Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 27
by: frenchielove
on: 08/02/2019 | 17:13

@aggy_agate I sent mine privately on the form as I didn’t want to embarrass the person, but there are a lot of really good people on here, nice to see positivity anyway 

Message 3 of 27
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 08/02/2019 | 17:43 edited: 08/02/2019 | 17:52

@frenchielove wrote:

@aggy_agate I sent mine privately on the form as I didn’t want to embarrass the person, but there are a lot of really good people on here, nice to see positivity anyway 

Same as @frenchielove @aggy_agate

We have so many great members who in so many different ways are fantastic 

green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 4 of 27
by: bobrobinson
on: 08/02/2019 | 17:51

Hiya @aggy_agate

There are many gaffers in the community  who i realy respect. And also met personaly.

And would be a shame to single one out  as they all have differant  characters but with the same great respect  from me.

Its a great idea you have come out with and hope you get many replys.

All the best BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 27
by: ray2
on: 08/02/2019 | 18:00

A brilliant thread but as many have said there are lots of members who have  made me laugh,cry,bang my head against a brick wall Smiley Very Happy ,helped and many i have learn't from,they are all as important as each other and added something to my time on the forums.

So i would like to do my own shout out to them all 

5a6f313e480491b12cd39e27630a5e75.jpg

Curtesy of pinterest

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 27
by: kath72
on: 08/02/2019 | 18:27
@geu42 that’s really kind of you to mention me here ... I’m flattered if I’ve made a positive impact in some small way

There are many lovely people on the community who make it a good place to be (and this thread isn’t about the ones who don’t)

For me those who have had the most positive impact have been those who were involved in the creative writing competition up until the original format was disbanded. In particular @polowoman who ran the show and was encouraging and positive to us all. She went above and beyond and she and others let me know that my writing was worth my time and was something others could enjoy. They gave me the confidence to persue getting some work published

So these are the marvellous members who have had a positive impact on my time in the community and beyond @polowoman @pd789 @auntied @creakynees (rip) @stressymess @essie112mm @frenchielove @dolly247

Those of you not with us as often or at all are missed
Message 7 of 27
by: frenchielove
on: 08/02/2019 | 18:51

That means a lot @kath72 and so lovely to see those names again especially @creakynees bless him. 

Some days we may have something sad or awful going on in our lives, and you come on here and someone makes you smile or says something to cheer you up, and it all seems rather special. 

People we will probably never meet but yet make a big impact on our lives. 

Message 8 of 27
by: dolly247
on: 08/02/2019 | 18:51

@kath72 wrote:

@geu42 that’s really kind of you to mention me here ... I’m flattered if I’ve made a positive impact in some small way

There are many lovely people on the community who make it a good place to be (and this thread isn’t about the ones who don’t)

For me those who have had the most positive impact have been those who were involved in the creative writing competition up until the original format was disbanded. In particular @polowoman who ran the show and was encouraging and positive to us all. She went above and beyond and she and others let me know that my writing was worth my time and was something others could enjoy. They gave me the confidence to persue getting some work published

So these are the marvellous members who have had a positive impact on my time in the community and beyond @polowoman @pd789 @auntied @creakynees (rip) @stressymess @essie112mm @frenchielove @dolly247

Those of you not with us as often or at all are missed

I get where the other members spring to your mind @kath72, for they are also held dearly in my heart and thinking, but dunno how you can equate me into the mix 🤔 Have a jolly Erik Dodging Friday, my friend ☺️ ....

My regards to He Who Shall Not Be Named x

Don't worry about the things you can't change, only the things you can.
Message 9 of 27
by: dolly247
on: 08/02/2019 | 18:55

To creaky knees and pd789…! X

Don't worry about the things you can't change, only the things you can.
Message 10 of 27