Knowledge Base
Community

Share a lovely story about a marvellous member | run by you

Started by: aggy_agate
On: 08/02/2019 | 16:40
Replies: 22

by: k89bpa
on: 08/02/2019 | 19:29 edited: 08/02/2019 | 21:17

I'd like to pre-emptively opt out of any "recognition".

I'd also like to nominate Vorb, (genuinely), the dude has made me laugh more than anyone else on these boards over the years.

Further nominations for claw and pd789 for the same reason, always good for some merriment and not shy about the more serious stuff too.

Further nominations for andyslc and reddwarf, easily the two more interesting people to converse with and read on the community.

And one final nomination for the president of my fan club, nefarius. We don't always see eye to eye but under his current username and his former one, (sorry I forget), it's rarely boring with him around.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 11 of 23
by: themzbiker
on: 09/02/2019 | 19:19

@aggy_agate

For me it as to be @goofygirl @dolly247 & 

@sophiejam92 they helped me a lot when i joined the community i consider them very good friend's of mine 

i wasn't to good with health problems at the time of joining giffgaff 

Yes they sure helped me alot so thanks you 3 you've been brilliant 

Message 12 of 23
by: b_richards
on: 09/02/2019 | 21:19
I don't really know anyone, but there do seem to be some genuinely nice people on here.

I do remember some of the names that @kath72 mentioned, i remember them as being very funny actually. I think i may have interacted with one or two of them, iirr.

But i would like to thank all the people that supported Maggie's in the charity payback nominations, that really did mean a lot to me.
Message 13 of 23
by: goofygirl
on: 09/02/2019 | 21:21
@themzbiker
Awwwww how lovely for you say that. Glad we were there for you, and we will always will be here for you. You are very sweet, and Im honoured to call you my friend.
Sweet dreams and thankyou for the kind words, take care my friend
Message 14 of 23
by: chand311
on: 10/02/2019 | 09:28

@dory85, so funny, made laugh my son on his dady car paint thread when I read those lines for him. 

Message 15 of 23
by: natty_noo
on: 10/02/2019 | 18:47
@pd789 used to make me lmao with some of his comments 😂 So funny. I didn't post much back then but i always looked out for his posts, as i did with a few of the other missing names. So my nomination (or whatever it is) goes to him........thanks for the laughs, you're my memorable member Smiley Happy

What a nice thread this is, but sad at the same time because the most spoken about members, who were very obviously liked, aren't allowed on here anymore Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 23
by: polowoman
on: 11/02/2019 | 15:31

Thank you so much for your kind words @kath72 - I am delighted that you feel so positively about my encouraging you write. It is such a big part of my life and I derive such enjoyment and peace from putting words together to create a story and hope that others may benefit in the same way from their writing. On the other side, I have always been an avid reader and it is was such a joy to read all the entries in the CWC and see the variety of tales, true and invented, which each topic produced. I have been busy pursuing one of my current writing projects and not been online much of late but am going to visit a few threads, including the Feb CWC, to catch up. Will be in touch again soon.

Message 17 of 23
Highlighted
by: essie112mm
on: 12/02/2019 | 20:11

I'm not sure what I might have done to warrant being given a shout-out by @kath72 - but thank you for the appreciation Smiley Happy

It's ironic that a good number of those members mentioned in this thread have either left or visit the community rarely. Those I might single out left some years ago, in each case disgruntled with giffgaff. This steady exodus of valued members who gave the forums life and meaning in a way that no longer exists really needs to be acknowledged and addressed. 

27/08/2017
My @mentions are turned OFF
Message 18 of 23
by: kath72
on: 12/02/2019 | 20:34
@essie112mm it’s often the little things we forget we’ve done which can have a big impact on others! Your overwhelmingly positive response to one of my pieces encouraged me to write again Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 23
by: nefarius
on: 12/02/2019 | 21:38

How embarrassing @frenchielove

tenor-1.gif

editor1530833771714.jpg

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 23