Knowledge Base
Community

Share the love earn £15 date error

Started by: xxeclairexx
On: 11/01/2019 | 15:12
Replies: 8

by: xxeclairexx
on: 11/01/2019 | 15:12

Has anybody else spotted that it says until 31/01/18 its on the page where the girl is wearing a swimming hat

Somebody may want to correct that, I just spotted it.

Message 1 of 9
by: various_mm
on: 11/01/2019 | 15:22
well spotted!

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
by: chris_j_b
handy giff-staffer

on: 11/01/2019 | 16:12

Hi @xxeclairexx

Good spot. That's strange as it is also old branding from a previous brand campaign over a year ago so we don't usually use the lady in the swimming hat any more so more is wrong than just the date being incorrect.

Could you let me know what URL you are viewing and what device you are viewing it on? That might help me to identify where the content is so we can get this fixed.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 4 of 9
on: 11/01/2019 | 16:35

Hi @chris_j_b im not sure of the URL this page only displays if I have giffgaff open which was logged in on an open tab which has been inactive for a while with other tabs open if i then go to click on that tab again it will show this page im using a Samsung S6 I will leave a tab open logged in then will check on the tap in a while so it logs me if it shows up I will get the URL for you Smiley Happy I know I have seen ths page a few times over the last few days.

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
by: jt_21
on: 11/01/2019 | 17:04

@xxeclairexx wrote:

Has anybody else spotted that it says until 31/01/18 its on the page where the girl is wearing a swimming hat

Somebody may want to correct that, I just spotted it.

@xxeclairexx Well spotted!  👍🏼

Message 6 of 9
on: 12/01/2019 | 21:20

@chris_j_b I just seen it again it just says www.giffgaff.com

Strange I know.

Message 7 of 9
by: harrrrrry
on: 16/01/2019 | 09:01

@xxeclairexx

If you get it again:

• if you're using  a desktop computer and the firefox browser, right click on a blacnk area of the page and look for an option like View Page Info. You might possibly get the same option on a mobile by long clicking on the page.

There you should see an address (though it might just be giffgaff.com again), a referring URL and a modified date. If you can cut and paste those into a message it might help identify the reason.
  • if you can't do that, then try to force-refresh the screen (control-F5 on a desktop, maybe a reload icon in the address bar of a mobile) and see if you get the same page or the proper home page

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 8 of 9