Community

Should say £10 for lab bag

Started by: jess9
On: 21/09/2010 | 13:59
Replies: 29

Go to best answer
by: jess9
on: 21/09/2010 | 13:59

Just purchased a lab bag  for my other half thinking he would get 2p a min and 1p for text.

It says buy a lab for £5 to get this offer.

#when in fact I should say buy for £10 if what I have since read is true, well it must be cos he cant call or text no one.! 

Very misleading Giffgaff.

You purchase a £5 unlimited text goody bag and that's what you get

Better wording I think is needed lab bags get a massive thumbs down from me Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 30
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: darrenpainter
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:05 edited: 21/09/2010 | 14:09

The OP clearly NOW understands how the labs bag works.

What they are saying is that the wording is still not clear enough in explaining that some existing credit is required to be able to make use of it.

This is evidenced by the similar queries we keep seeing on the forum from confused customers buying it in the belief that it has an allowance of it's own just like other goodybags

Either the wording needs to state very clearly that credit is required, or it should not be called a "bag" which implies it contains something. Rather call it a one month pass or something

Message 5 of 30
by: theshadowman
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:01 edited: 21/09/2010 | 14:02

Sorry, there are two goodybags for £5 the unlimited texts only one and the labs one.

With the labs one you pay £5 in order to reduce the standard price of calls and texts. Therefore meaning you still use your credit for calls and texts but they are at a much reduced rate.

Message 2 of 30
by: sonesor
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:01 edited: 21/09/2010 | 14:05

With the £5 labs goodybag, you are buying access to cheaper PAYG rates for a month (2p/1p rather than 8p/4p). There are no inclusive minutes or texts with the £5 labs goodybag

You pay the £5 for the access to the cheap rate, then obviously you then need some credit to pay for your calls/txts at those cheaper rates

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 3 of 30
by: panther97
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:03
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying.

So you purchased a giffgaff Labs goodybag
You Payed £5 for it
And you can't call or text anyone.

Message 4 of 30
by: darrenpainter
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:05 edited: 21/09/2010 | 14:09

The OP clearly NOW understands how the labs bag works.

What they are saying is that the wording is still not clear enough in explaining that some existing credit is required to be able to make use of it.

This is evidenced by the similar queries we keep seeing on the forum from confused customers buying it in the belief that it has an allowance of it's own just like other goodybags

Either the wording needs to state very clearly that credit is required, or it should not be called a "bag" which implies it contains something. Rather call it a one month pass or something

Message 5 of 30
by: jess9
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:09

Sorry if i wasn't clear just having a rant because it is not clear that you acutally need to put £10 credit on to get this deal.

You pay £5 for the bag and then your remaing £5 is used at the reduced rate of 2p and 1p.

If it had been wirtten like this then maybe i would have understood.

But the wording is not very clear so now I have had to top up a total of £15  today not a happy bunny.

Message 6 of 30
by: panther97
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:10
I'm thinking of buying a giffgaff labs today with my airtime balance (£5)
Alright I get it now.

Message 7 of 30
by: joolzian
on: 21/09/2010 | 14:30

@panther97 wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a giffgaff labs today with my airtime balance (£5)
Alright I get it now.

If £5 credit is all you have then you will need to top up to use the lab bag you buy with it

Message 8 of 30
by: rayhoo
on: 21/09/2010 | 15:55
It has been confusing for lots of people but the name bags and goodybags keep getting reference where as it is termed as labs. They are in addition to goodybags. I must agree that it is confusing. . Hope i didn't impose.
Message 9 of 30
by: jamjaw
on: 21/09/2010 | 16:33

@jess9 wrote:

Sorry if i wasn't clear just having a rant because it is not clear that you acutally need to put £10 credit on to get this deal.

You pay £5 for the bag and then your remaing £5 is used at the reduced rate of 2p and 1p.

If it had been wirtten like this then maybe i would have understood.

But the wording is not very clear so now I have had to top up a total of £15  today not a happy bunny.

How did you top up £5 in the first place?!??! Surely if you topped up £10 then there would be no issue as £5 bag + £5 credit = £10...

Or for a pre-cut giffgaff micro sim (for iphone 4, 4S and ipad) , also with £5 free credit, fill in this form
Message 10 of 30