Knowledge Base
Community

Should we get anything extra for buying the £7.50/ £5 goody bag?

Started by: newcrazymember2018
On: 07/02/2019 | 17:43
Replies: 17

Go to best answer
Highlighted
by: c_lockett
on: 12/02/2019 | 00:01
I have the £5 goody bag, and really I can't use all the texts and minutes I have now. Mostly for calls and texts I use messenger especially when I'm at home. Maybe that's why. So I'm not sure I'd benefit from anymore minutes texts, maybe a little more data for when I'm out would be useful. But then Giffgaff haven't long made the £5 goody bag up to 500 mg.
Message 11 of 18
by: thunderdragon
on: 13/02/2019 | 16:05
C_Lockett wrote:
I have the £5 goody bag, and really I can't use all the texts and minutes I have now. Mostly for calls and texts I use messenger especially when I'm at home.
@c_lockett I'm in pretty much the opposite position to you. Exact same Goodybag, but the only thing I hardly use is the data - I typically manage 100-200 texts a month, and often have <30 mins calls left at the end of the GoodyBag! Smiley Tongue

In this respect, this is one of the areas where GG keep their service cost-efficient and GoodyBags affordable: Even though we could probably share a single £5 GoodyBag and make use of the full allowances in it, the cost to GG of providing this to us would be about £8 or so...But with us paying £5 each, GG cover their overheads and make a reasonable profit of £2 from the both of us every month. Smiley Happy
C_Lockett wrote:
...But then Giffgaff haven't long made the £5 goody bag up to 500 mg.
I think 500 milligrams might be going a bit heavy there, given that - As a service offering with no tangible element - It technically doesn't weigh anything at all! Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

Although if you meant Megabytes (MiB) then I can sort of see what you're saying! Smiley Happy
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 12 of 18
by: c_lockett
on: 13/02/2019 | 16:13 edited: 13/02/2019 | 16:14

I get my bits, bytes, megabytes and milligrams all mixed up. @thunderdragon 😂

Oh and good info thanks about the goody bags. 

Message 13 of 18
on: 13/02/2019 | 16:39
C_Lockett wrote:
I get my bits, bytes, megabytes and milligrams all mixed up, ThunderDragon 😂
Aye, I know what ye mean! I'm a rather heavy-handed sod myself, so I much prefer Kilogrammes to milligrams, pounds and ounces! 😂

The surprising thing in my case - Given I'm a slim-ish person and only stand 1,65m in height - Is that the heavier and more unwieldy a thing is, the easier it is for me to handle and control it! Smiley Surprised Probably explains why I love the TGVs so much! 😂 <3
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 18
by: harrybeau
on: 14/02/2019 | 10:24

Over time giffgaff have regularly increased the conten of goodybags and I expect them to continue so you may get what you want....one day.Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
on: 15/02/2019 | 17:57
Harrybeau wrote:
Over time giffgaff have regularly increased the content of goodybags and I expect them to continue so you may get what you want....one day. Smiley Wink
@harrybeau For some reason, your suggestion makes two things drift into my mind at the same time...
  • A 15GB "Always On", unlimited minute and SMS GoodyBag costing five pound a month, and
  • An old cliche about straws and Camels^ backs! Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink
(^ - But remember: If it's only got one hump it's a Dromedary...And if it has none at all, it probably has 1,1mg Nicotine, 12mg Tar, 275mg Carbon Monoxide, and is only for use by adults! Smiley Tongue )
+++ ThunderDragon +++

Message 16 of 18
by: rashad760
on: 16/02/2019 | 09:12

Yes agreed

But the data for each &5 and £7.50 goodybag has already been increased so u might have to wait a while for another change in them

a lot of people, including me, who uses the lower priced goody bags will want something extra but I think minutes and texts could probably be increased for both for example,

£5 goodybag= 200 mins, 750 texts

£7.50 goodybag= 300-350 mins, ultd texts

And also, for data, maybe the 500MB for the £5 goody bag could be increased to 1GB but is probably not gonna happen in a while like I said before.

for the free 1GB after using 3 goodybags that r £10 or higher it could be better if we got it for the lower goodybags but we ll see what giffgaff might do in July 

Message 17 of 18
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 16/02/2019 | 11:11

@newcrazymember2018

yes agreed the £5 goodybag should be updated 

I think 250 minutes 1GB data unlimited texts

And £7.50 goodybag should be updated also to 500 minutes 2.5GB data

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 18