Knowledge Base
Community

Should we get anything extra for buying the £7.50/ £5 goody bag?

Started by: newcrazymember2018
On: 07/02/2019 | 17:43
Replies: 17

Go to best answer
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 07/02/2019 | 17:43

Hi there Giff Gaffers, I love giff gaff but just wanting to run something by you lot, I know that if we buy the £10 or upwards goody bag 3 months in a row we get an extra gig of data which is a great offer. But was wondering if those of us who buy the lower goody bags should get anything? I use the £7.50 goody bag and I am happy with it but wouldn't say no to something extra now and again even if it's a few more minutes. What do you all think?

Message 1 of 18
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: jt_21
on: 09/02/2019 | 23:35 edited: 10/02/2019 | 11:43

@newcrazymember2018 wrote:

Hi there Giff Gaffers, I love giff gaff but just wanting to run something by you lot, I know that if we buy the £10 or upwards goody bag 3 months in a row we get an extra gig of data which is a great offer. But was wondering if those of us who buy the lower goody bags should get anything? I use the £7.50 goody bag and I am happy with it but wouldn't say no to something extra now and again even if it's a few more minutes. What do you all think?

@newcrazymember2018

The extra 1 GB of data will come with the 3rd goodybag you purchase 

its automatically added to any eligible goodybag you buy.

The extra data comes with the £10, £12, £15 and £20 goodybags. For getting to your 3rd goodybag, it doesn’t matter what the value first 2 goodybags you bought were, they don't have to be  'eligible' ones  in a row .... just the 3rd one needs to be. The £7.50 goodybag is a great goodybag 🙂

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Data-boosted-with-an-extra-GB/ta-p/21629928

As you say, I'm sure no one would say no to a little extra on the lower priced goodybags, however there's not a lot in them by way of price and they are really good value, we will just have to wait and see if they shake the goodybags up again. Some extra minutes would be great, you mean .... to use a phone for what it's intended for? Calling people? 😉 most people are usually screaming for data data and ..... more data 😗

Message 8 of 18
by: natty_noo
on: 07/02/2019 | 18:08

The 1GB is added after buying three goodybags in total, not in a row. If someone has purchased said goodybags three times, ever, then it's added. From the thread in Announcements;

"If you have bough 2 or more goodybags in the past you will instantly become eligible with your next goodybag and will keep getting this extra 1GB every time you buy another goodybag".

As for the lower end goodybags, the data was only increased in June, granted, so were most of the others, but considering the £5 bag has gone from 100mb to 500mb i can't see it being reviewed for a good while yet, if at all. Same goes for the £7.50 one, the data has doubled in that one from 1GB to 2GB.

Screenshot_2019-02-07-18-02-24-1.png

Message 2 of 18
by: timwilliams25
on: 07/02/2019 | 18:45

We all want something for nothing but I do think the current offer is good. 

The £5 goodybagvisbgreat for low users and only £2.50 more gives you an extra 1.5gb.

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 3 of 18
by: thunderdragon
on: 07/02/2019 | 20:12
Hey @newcrazymember2018! Smiley Happy
As a consistent user of the 5.00 GoodyBag (As I never use data thanks to the risks of Pay4Brex*t) I can see where you're coming from with this, as it does feel like those of us on the lower price plans are getting a bit left-out. That said, the flipside is that GG provides excellent value for low cost use (1,800 mins, 6,000 texts and 6GiB of data for GBP 60,-/year isn't at all bad!) and the lower range GoodyBags include a bit of loss-leadage^ to give the customer a bit of value for money into the bargain. Smiley Happy
(^ - By this; I mean that GG offer a little more in these GBs than they take in cash for each of them. If most low-cost GB users were pushing all allowance limits each month, they'd have to go up by about 1-2 pound each month to remain cost-effective.)

A small customer perk would be nice - And your post also explains why I'm not seeing that 1GB Extra Data sticker appearing on the GoodyBags page whenever I view it (I've had running GoodyBags for over a year now) - But it's hard to work out exactly what GG could offer us whilst keeping things affordable, given one can picture how a 1GB Extra bonus on the 5.00 GoodyBag could open it up to abuse and massive data charges for GiffGaff. Smiley Surprised

Perhaps additional minutes or texts? That said, I can't remember ever sending more than 220 SMS messages in a single month... Smiley Happy
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 18
by: k89bpa
on: 07/02/2019 | 23:10
Honestly, look elsewhere.

I don't mean to be rude but the market is extremely competitive and has been for some time at both ends of the scale and there is a ton of choice available to customers.

I'm paying £5.01/mo for the airtime portion of my contract, (once the cost of the handset and music subscription is deducted), and that gives me unlimited UK minutes, unlimited UK SMS, 500 minutes to EU countries and 80GB of data, (and I can use it all in 77 countries for free and that includes in country calls and SMS too).

And there are a ton of other tariffs between the giffgaff £5 package and my £5 package from all manner of different providers.

You can always come back to giffgaff when your usage fits the packages in the future.

There is zero point in having loyalty for a network, (any of them), be mercenary and go for the one which gives you the best bang for your buck based on your usage and your needs.

I've been through giffgaff, PlusNET/Life, Tesco, Three and Vodafone in the last 6 years, I've had a better deal for me, (based on cost/usage), with every single change I've made.

I'm currently very happy with my provider so I signed a 2yr contract recently as I don't think that's gonna change, but when my contract is up I wouldn't hesitate to move if my current provider wasn't up to satisfying my needs any longer or if someone else was offering significantly better value for money for me.

Seriously, be mercenary in your choosing, (and not just with mobile provider), and forget loyalty, grab the best deal you can from whoever you can.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 5 of 18
by: mcilwraith
on: 08/02/2019 | 13:36

i think it will be a while before any changes to the lower goodybags

Message 6 of 18
by: loyalistdan
on: 08/02/2019 | 18:45

i might have agreed but ive upped to £10 now and i`m happy enough

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 18
by: jt_21
on: 09/02/2019 | 23:35 edited: 10/02/2019 | 11:43

@newcrazymember2018 wrote:

@newcrazymember2018

The extra 1 GB of data will come with the 3rd goodybag you purchase 

its automatically added to any eligible goodybag you buy.

The extra data comes with the £10, £12, £15 and £20 goodybags. For getting to your 3rd goodybag, it doesn’t matter what the value first 2 goodybags you bought were, they don't have to be  'eligible' ones  in a row .... just the 3rd one needs to be. The £7.50 goodybag is a great goodybag 🙂

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Data-boosted-with-an-extra-GB/ta-p/21629928

As you say, I'm sure no one would say no to a little extra on the lower priced goodybags, however there's not a lot in them by way of price and they are really good value, we will just have to wait and see if they shake the goodybags up again. Some extra minutes would be great, you mean .... to use a phone for what it's intended for? Calling people? 😉 most people are usually screaming for data data and ..... more data 😗

Message 8 of 18
by: bill48er
on: 10/02/2019 | 14:26

Hi @newcrazymember2018

Just a reminder that every time you topup your credit, you get free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts for 3 months, which will reset every time you top-up your credit to buy your next goodybag.

(There's no need to buy a goodybag to qualify - which is handy for very low PAYGo members.)

This is not an issue with the £10+ goodybags with there unlimited offerings, but is useful for low users that have family and friends who are also on giffgaff to make those included minutes and texts last that bit longer. Smiley Happy

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 9 of 18
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 10/02/2019 | 15:05
Thank you everyone for your responses.
Message 10 of 18