Knowledge Base
Community

Some changes requests..

Started by: zeenat5
On: 02/01/2019 | 17:46
Replies: 8

by: zeenat5
on: 02/01/2019 | 17:46

Hi I am writing again as had requested before some time back regarding this matter, it would be really nice if we are given a chanve to change our names as seen on the screen of community. 

As this option is not there, beside s when I requested I was told that seen names cant be changed, and if we want we have to get another Sim and than register and top up and than if we use the community than we can put another name as we desire.  Pls if the requested option is added will be much obliged.

Also when we top up what ever amount of £5, £7.50, £10.00 etc .can we have our texts, minutes , or data which has not been used on the topped month be allowed to continue in the next minth so atleast we dont get our remaining data,txts, mins wasted or deleted. Even if an optiin is given that you top up whatever amount goody bag youbwant for the nxt month and ur remaining of previous month will be added is also fine.  But if this request s are considered by Giffgaff team will be much appreciated.

Thank you

ever4ever
Message 1 of 9
by: mcilwraith
on: 02/01/2019 | 19:15

i`m sure it would be appreciated

but as the username can`t be changed it`s not going happen

Message 2 of 9
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 02/01/2019 | 20:24

@mcilwraith wrote:

i`m sure it would be appreciated

but as the username can`t be changed it`s not going happen

@zeenat5 you have some good suggestions

@mcilwraith is there an official announcement that the username change for existing members is not going to happen?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: mcilwraith
on: 02/01/2019 | 21:00

@mcilwraith is there an official announcement that the username change for existing members is not going to happen?

not that i know of @shabazmoqsud but it took years just to get the username change for new members.

i personally don`t see it happening at all.but stranger things have happened before

Message 4 of 9
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 02/01/2019 | 21:05

@mcilwraith wrote:

not that i know of @shabazmoqsud but it took years just to get the username change for new members.

i personally don`t see it happening at all.but stranger things have happened before

@mcilwraith it would be disappointing if the change did not happen for existing members then why make the announcement.      

Hopefully in the new vanila forums platform it will be possible.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: sha_shah1
on: 03/01/2019 | 00:32

Good suggestions if this happen that will be nice but just i am wondering if all old members change their user name how can  i will find them.we just know each other user name here.

if this happen please all my friends send me your new user name Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 9
by: shabbas
on: 03/01/2019 | 09:38

@zeenat5 i'm all for the rollover idea of any unused minutes,txts or data. 

Not sure how well the user name change will work as i can see it causing a confusion when trying to locate whos who!😃

Message 7 of 9
by: ujo55
on: 03/01/2019 | 09:54
As the £10 goodybags and above include unlimited texts and minutes the rollover idea should work really well, buy a goodybag once and you have texts and minutes for life - somehow I think not!
Rollover data is suggested at least once a week so best to pop over to the Labs and support on of the ideas already there .

As far as the name change goes @shabazmoqsud I do recall many months ago Alex_w mentioning in the announcements thread that this had proven more difficult than expected, and that the process used to change the names of a small number of new members was not viable to be opened up for existing members.
I also recall seeing I believe a post in the same thread saying that no further development time would be invested in the project unless its priority changed.
Nor do I believe the problems to relate to the community platform but to giffgaffs own systems so I don't believe the move to Vanilla will change anything - but that is just my understanding.
So I don't think anything will happen anytime soon.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
by: zeenat5
on: 03/01/2019 | 18:43
Thanks @shabbas. Yea rollover would be great. But hope experts in d team would also be able to put an option for name change, like we get option in emails where we caN edit NAME and password. Well maybe they will think it over.😃😀

Atleast have put the requests. And thanks once again appreciate itSmiley Wink
ever4ever
Message 9 of 9