Knowledge Base
Community

Some very nasty people in this 'community'

Started by: orlf
On: 03/02/2019 | 20:43
Replies: 54

by: orlf
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:43

I have not been here long, but I have noticed some disgusting behaviour in this forum. I've seen some really nasty, hateful material being posted by people, and very little is done beyond hiding the offending material.

Shouldn't people who think racist and homophobic memes are funny be removed from posting completely?

I'm Orlf. It's a Norwegian name.
Message 1 of 55
by: isabel1066
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:50
@orlf all you have to do is report it to the educator and he/she will sort it out.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 55
by: bobrobinson
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:54

Hiya @orlf

Im sorry you have seen some nasty stuff here in the community.

I havnt seen any as to yet. But you can report it using the circle with 3 dots at the bottom of the page.

And it will be anon to the community.

But please dont let it dishearten you as theres many many many realy lovely people here .

Who certainly outweigh the nasty ones.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 55
by: techiebloke
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:55

@orlf

If you see something distasteful, hit report.

If people break the rules enough, believe me they do get banned.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 4 of 55
by: persco
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:58

Sorry to hear of your experience @orlf. As a community with no 24/7 active moderation, unfortunately we have to look after ourselves and eachother. There are always going to be people that seem to bring disruption in a community in one form or another. 

As we we participate in the forums, we agree to abide by the giffgaff code of conduct here https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/giffgaff-community-guidelines-please-read-first/td-p... so if you come across anything untoward that you feel needs raising, use the report button next to the post concerned or on mobile you will probably see the three dots (...) next to the post. Use that to report to the giffgaff educators who will investigate. 

I hope this doesnt put you off and that you continue being part of this community.  

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 55
on: 03/02/2019 | 21:08
Everyone who has responded so far, please do not treat me like an idiot. If you took the time to read my post you will see that these posts have been reported and are being hidden. My issue is that these same people keep posting.

I am aware that many of you may be posting your responses hoping I mark you as best answer, but that is not going to happen to posts from those who don't effectively engage and just want to rush to give a solution I didn't request.
Message 6 of 55
on: 03/02/2019 | 21:17

@orlf As I stated in my post above, this is a public forum and anybody can join hence bad posts won’t seize. All you can do is to continue reporting. That’s all you can do really. No one is treating you like an idiot. Those of us who have been here for a long time and even yourself relatively new are aware the bad posts keep coming due to forum being public/open. 

If you’ve seen a particular group or member posting inappropriate stuff all the time and you’ve reported but not been dealt with or they keep posting inappropriately then that’s a different story. 

Message 7 of 55
on: 03/02/2019 | 21:47

@persco wrote:

@orlf As I stated in my post above, this is a public forum and anybody can join hence bad posts won’t seize. All you can do is to continue reporting. That’s all you can do really. No one is treating you like an idiot. Those of us who have been here for a long time and even yourself relatively new are aware the bad posts keep coming due to forum being public/open. 

If you’ve seen a particular group or member posting inappropriate stuff all the time and you’ve reported but not been dealt with or they keep posting inappropriately then that’s a different story. 

My posts make it clear that that is what I'm talking about. People coming to this topic to cut and paste their standard response about how to use the report post feature is not helpful.

Message 8 of 55
on: 03/02/2019 | 21:53

What was the purpose of your post if I may ask? @orlf

Message 9 of 55
on: 03/02/2019 | 21:56

@persco wrote:

What was the purpose of your post if I may ask? @orlf

What is the basis of your question?