Community

Sorry I don't want to be cruel.

Started by: howardjones29
On: 13/09/2015 | 18:44
Replies: 17

by: wilpatgala
on: 14/09/2015 | 08:32
Yes I agree with you.

We were at a hotel recently where we had read some awful posts but when we got there, we found it could not have been nicer.
Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 12 of 18
by: cps15966
on: 14/09/2015 | 12:50

howardjones29 wrote:

it is in their Genes and nothing will get in the way of a good gripe.

You can't beat a good gripe though, I like the seedless green gripes but am partial to a red one sometimes ..... Smiley Wink

Sometimes people are quite justified in what people see as 'moaning' though and feel frustrated sometimes with ongoing or dragged out issues without ever reaching a real and complete answer that resolves things.

Sometimes though, yes, they gripe and just enjoy picking fault or trying to make their mark as a better/more knowledgeable person protraying an 'I'm always right, you're always wrong' attitude.

It's the way of the world and will never change sadly, but on the plus side, it allows people like us to point them in the right direction, occasionally without them knowing we have actually done so hehe.

When it comes to them being lazy in looking for answers, that helps people get kudo's and payback for telling them the answers lol

I do agree there should be more self help to try and eliminate the easy peasy repetitive stuff coz it becomes annoying..........

I just noticed I typed 'sometimes' quite a lot there, sometimes that happens Smiley Wink

cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 13 of 18
by: jimfraegala
on: 14/09/2015 | 15:33 edited: 14/09/2015 | 15:34

You are spot on @howardjones29 It seems to be a British trait, why praise? no, it seems easier to moan and complain. We are just back from a wee, weekend break. The hotel was lovely, spotlessly clean, excellent food all giving us no room to complain. A couple of days afer I got home, I was just going through the internet and found Trip Advisor. I googled the hotel I had just been to and, gee! you should have seen the complaints. I could not believe it was the same place I had been too.

Why do people do that?

Jim

ps I see a similar pattern everywhere, including Giffgaff, why praise when you can moan. Mind you, some some have a good reason but most have not. In my humble opinion.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 18
by: phillsibson
on: 14/09/2015 | 16:35

Hi,

Yes, we do see a lot of posts where its clear that the O/p has just come to moan and are not remotely interested in any solution that might come of it.

Not much we can do about that and I'm sure every forum gets the same.

As far as people not looking / searching for an answer before posting - don't be too hard on them, whatever the problem, they may or may not be used to the site - or forums in general - their 'problem' may be the thing that brought them onto the site properly for the first time.

Whatever the problem is, it may have brought them out of their comfort zone and posting for the first time in a public forum - or its something that has them stumped and frustrated, and wondering why they didn't go with that contract provider with telephone support.

(Yes, I know the forum is quicker and in many cases more likely to get an answer than a call centre, but that's no good if we forget that people are human, many don't read instructions, or see the obvious, and often just need a minute of someones time)

If there are 100 questions with easy answers that have been answered promptly and fully, each with another user back to using their phone and happy with giffgaff, that can only be a good thing Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
by: k1ngvidic15
on: 17/09/2015 | 14:50

theres always going to be people who have no problems with giffgaff and people that will i joined up and had no problems by brother joined up and has had problems with the internet on sevral occasions to which i reply to him you sure as ive had non

Message 16 of 18
by: bigdaveuk
on: 17/09/2015 | 16:00
100% agreed
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
by: nick74
on: 17/09/2015 | 18:46 edited: 17/09/2015 | 18:50

A few of the complaints on here I have to re-read once or twice just to establish that the op isn't joking. The post on here a couple of days ago bemoaning the fact that giffgaff had the temerity to end his three months free calls on HIS birthday of all days was like reading something written by Peter Cook!

Message 18 of 18