Community

Spam! Stop it!

Started by: k89bpa
On: 08/04/2018 | 18:30
Replies: 21

Go to best answer
by: k89bpa
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:30 edited: 08/04/2018 | 18:38

Since I returned to giffgaff as a network provider a week or two ago you have already emailed me more times than Vodafone have in the entire six months I've had my contract running.

The latest email is a completely unsolicited mail, subject, "Topping Up Made Super Speedy", and talking about "giffgaff checking in". This despite my settings, as always, being "**bleep** off and leave me alone!".

You even have the temerity to include the statement, Just to re-assure you, we hate spam too. This email was sent to you because you have given giffgaff permission to contact you via this address. giffgaff may email you from time to time to let you know important information about your giffgaff account plus other giffgaff news. If you no longer want to receive emails, you can unsubscribe by updating your profile here. in your email, except you don't have permission and clicking the link confirms this.

Quit the spam or I'll put the blanket bar back on place.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 1 of 22
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: endorphin
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:50

Hmm, @k89bpa all I can suggest is toggling the Contact Permissions in your profile. I'm sure giffgaff honour such requests as long as their programmers do.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £10 credit
Message 5 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:36

Strange! I've not opted out of marketing emails and I haven't received that one (yet)? Perhaps the programmers got their logic wrong? Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 22
by: persco
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:39

I only receive payback stuff and community emails. Not had one like that. 

I thought you had a way of screening junk emails @k89bpa from a previous post? Could you not stop them that way if filters and permissions are not working

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:46

@endorphin

They all seem to be in the vein of "Welcome, here's some tips for stupid people!", and "Download our apply so we can spy on you", and don't forget, "Upload your contacts because you've given then to Facebook anyway".

**bleep**ing pisses me off.

In six months with Vodafone I've had two emails, one confirming my contract, one confirming the update to my contract, (which they're legally obliged to send to me either by email or post - I chose email obviously). They've left me alone otherwise, as per my settings.

Same with Tesco when I was with them, in fact they emailed me once in three years outside the bill notifications.

Same with Three.

Rejoin giffgaff and all of a sudden boom, I've more emails than all three of those companies put together. It's unacceptable, totally unacceptable.

If I have to blanket block giffgaff domains and servers again to stop it I will not hesitate to do so.

I **bleep**ing hate spam.

My Public GDrive Folder
Message 4 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:50

Hmm, @k89bpa all I can suggest is toggling the Contact Permissions in your profile. I'm sure giffgaff honour such requests as long as their programmers do.

Message 5 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:51

@persco

The email address giffgaff have is an unfiltered one at present, doesn't notify me beyond an icon, but it does allow all mails through. Seems like that was a big mistake on my part.

I better not get payback emails, (I don't get community ones because surprisingly Lithium do honour my settings), because anything to do with my account, I can just log in and check manually. The only emails I should get from giffgaff are service updates or when a mod wants to speak to me, (or is responding to a query from me).

I will not tolerate anything else.

My Public GDrive Folder
Message 6 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:54

@endorphin

Just did as you suggested and low and behold two more emails.

I think I'm just gonna have to blanket block again, I can't be bothered with this nonsense.

My Public GDrive Folder
Message 7 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 18:57

k89bpa wrote:

Just did as you suggested and low and behold two more emails.

Aaargh! Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 19:03
My sentiments exactly @endorphin, have a best answer, lol
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 9 of 22
on: 08/04/2018 | 19:04

Blimey, thanks @k89bpa. I almost gave you some kudos! Smiley Very Happy