Knowledge Base
Community

Spending Cap

Started by: k89bpa
On: 04/12/2018 | 14:36
Replies: 4

by: k89bpa
on: 04/12/2018 | 14:36 edited: 04/12/2018 | 14:38

Can anyone think of any reason why this and other PAYG networks couldn't or shouldn't make available a monthly spending cap as is available on contract?

When I first start a contract I used to set up a ton of bars on services to ensure that I was never hit with additional charges. Since the spending cap was introduced, (and I set it to zero), I've been able to remove the vast majority of them. 

This function would be beneficial to the entire customer range from those with a pure PAYG usage pattern to those who behave like in a contract and allow them to perhaps better control their spending and also provide peace of mind that credit will not disappear unexpectedly, (like going 1 minute over the limit for giffgaff to giffgaff calls which used to happen to me all the time back in the day, it's one of the reasons I speak out critically about that feature as it seems designed, much the same as on landline to actually catch the customer with additional charges and boy can it).

Here's what's covered, (bars I've lifted), and what isn't, (bars remain in place), on my contract...

Screenshot_20181204_142420.jpg

What say you people?

Shall we push for it and more control or is it not something you think people would find useful?

Incidentally, the cap can be changed by the user. Say I was going to China for a week and wanted to use my package whilst there, I could up my spending limit to £40-50 so I can pay the £6cdaily fee, (for outgoing usage), when there. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 1 of 5
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 05/12/2018 | 10:42

@k89bpa this is a good idea

But i wonder how this could be implemented snd if this would have any financial implications.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: mcilwraith
on: 05/12/2018 | 14:58 edited: 05/12/2018 | 14:59

i suppose it would suit some.definitely not me i`m afraid

i never put a lot of credit on my account and don`t have auto top up switched on.

Message 4 of 5
by: misspage
on: 05/12/2018 | 15:25

It would be really useful to set up for when using your phone abroad, as when not in the Europe you can soon rack up lots of costs

Message 5 of 5