Knowledge Base
Community

Telephone number for complaints ...

Started by: ian011
On: 01/08/2018 | 01:14
Replies: 51

by: dave99
on: 08/10/2018 | 22:46

That looks like an open invitation for complaints to OFCOM, there’s no facility for disabled users to complain by phone.
Message 41 of 52
by: jaymailsays
on: 09/10/2018 | 01:50

@ian011 Depends how you define "well publicised number" the ordinary punter would struggle to find the new 0330 number.

Firstly, the complaint's hotline changes nothing.

If you had/have an unresolved issue or complaint, the same agents who in the complainant's opinion failed them, will transcribe the members voicemail and probably give the same or similar replies, as before. If they don't follow the same line as before, does that translate into a hint of negligence?

Secondly if you are making a genuine first time complaint, by phone, agents will have to deal with the complaint in the very same way, as if you used the agent's links that we give out. 

Here is a hypothetical example:-

Dear giffgaff,  more than two months ago you publicly promised to send me a refund cheque because you negligently overcharged me, due to your faulty service billing systems. You have agreed you owe me the money but because your bank apparently does not print cheques, I am left without my cash.

Please send me a Postal Order instead of a cheque. 

Yours truly

In a Hurry

So agents would have to deal with the complaint in an identical fashion whichever method the (former) member in this hypothetical case, had used.

It is already a deadlock situation, as cheques are alien to giffgaff. The agents can't resolve the ongoing, outgoing, payment issue that affects perhaps thousands of ex-members dating back to 2016. So it will have to be referred to the Ombudsman, presumably.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Airtime-credit-billing-issue-refunds-being-issued/...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 42 of 52
by: harrrrrry
on: 09/10/2018 | 10:19

@jaymailsays

It is already a deadlock situation

Not according to ofcom's rules and procedure. Ofcom allows the matter to be taken to its nominated ADR services 8 weeks after an unresolved complaint, unless giffgaff issues a deadlock letter before that.

The 8 weeks does not begin until giffgaff's complaint procedure is invoked, so going straight to ofcom automatically rules the ofcom complaint out of order. Giffgaff is unlikely to issue a deadlock letter while attemps to resolve the problem in issuing cheques are ongoing, because the whole point about the 8 week period is to give the network ample time to resolve the problem by itself.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 43 of 52
by: jaymailsays
on: 09/10/2018 | 15:23

@harrrrrry. 8 weeks is more than enough time to issue a giffgaff refund cheque, postal order, moneygram, western union cash etc.

Raising the problem with an agent will have no meaningful outcome.

Some members were cheated out of their credit up to 2yrs ago.

Those ex-members affected want their money back. What is wrong with that? giffgaff finally admitted they owe the money, only when a member raised it as a formal complaint. 

They had previously denied there was an issue at all.

How difficult is it to refund cash to people you admit you cheated them out of their cash? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 44 of 52
by: endorphin
on: 12/10/2018 | 11:21 edited: 12/10/2018 | 11:26
Message 45 of 52
by: williamwalker
on: 12/10/2018 | 11:30 edited: 12/10/2018 | 12:00

Hi @amg_x

It is and if you want to complain about service from a agent the will try to get back to you within 5 days, and guess who's handling the complaint A agent.

No problem though after that 8 weeks then you can complain to the ombudsman.

Full details here 

https://giffgaff.com/support/complaints/complaints-code

Message 46 of 52
by: woodyuk
on: 12/10/2018 | 11:51

@williamwalker wrote:

Hi @amg_x

It is and if you want to complain about service from a agent the will try to get back to you within 5 days, and guess who's handling the complaint A agent.

No problem though after that 8 weeks then you can complain to ofcom.

@williamwalkerafter 8 weeks if your complaint hasn't been resolved or giffgaff contact you to say your complaint is deadlocked before the end of 8 weeks you can then complain to the ombudsman.

Details in the "Not satisfied yet?What else can I do" section here:-

https://giffgaff.com/support/complaints/complaints-code

OFCOM won't entertain a complaint from you until you've completed the network's full complaints procedure including contacting the ombudsman but not getting a resolution from them.

Message 47 of 52
by: williamwalker
on: 12/10/2018 | 12:02

Thank you @woodyuk for correcting me, I've amended my post.

Thanks again.👍

Message 48 of 52
Highlighted
by: alanjury
on: 12/10/2018 | 12:14

To be honest, my experience would suggest that it doesn’t matter how you make a complaint to giffgaff, whatever you do you won’t get any sense out of them. At best you will get a copied and pasted standard response to something that sounds a bit like whatever it was you were complaining about...

Message 49 of 52
by: jaker57
on: 13/10/2018 | 07:52

Yes, possibly you can tell them on the website you want to speak to someone and you leave your details and wait for them to get back to you. 

If someone helped please mark their answer as best answer and reward kudos, thank you! Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 50 of 52