Started by: hazel22
On: 04/01/2013 | 20:20
Replies: 20

Highlighted
by: hazel22
former giff-staffer

on: 04/01/2013 | 20:20

original.pngHi guys,

Welcome to the first edition of the revamped 'The Gaff'. A community newsletter we used to have on the blog, which unfortunately closed due to the members invovled leaving or lives getting busy (Hope you're well whereever you are!)

As Neil (Oldyorkie) puts it, "The people that were involved with it can take pride in the knowledge that something they introduced has risen from the flames and become part of the new look forums. :smileyhappy:"

I've been doing some work on our Contribute Board today, and found that Friday's are our busiest days, with the weekend seeing more action than the week days. So the Gaff will be posted by a yet undecided member on a Friday to coincide with 'The Week that Was' on the blog.

Annoucements:

• Daily Member Debate - Discussing ways to improve the quality of help on our Help Board, started by the lovely Pockets What do you think?
  • Members Weekly Promoted Thread: Welcome to the MADhouse, - a brilliant discussion on all things giffgaff and a place to test out views first or brainstorm for ideas and Contribute focused threads.
  • Posted by Zobia: Be apart of our new blogging series based on you. - We still need feedback and volunteers for this to get started.

Topics:

News:

• A spelling mistake was flagged up by Endo55 on the Port Your Number Page - this has now been raised and will be fixed in the next release.
  • Nellisere has flagged a concern about Image Compression - add your thoughts here, and it's been raised within our team for an official response.

New Members Spotted Today:

• geekcubed (as well as having a brilliant username) - joined us about a month ago, made an outstandingly amazing post in the daily debate - view it here.
  • docwho49 - made their first post in Contribute on Zobia's Blogging Thread - it's already got two Kudos, great way to join the Contribute board!

Welcome guys, put your feet up, stay a while - you r0ck Heart

Have a nice week guys.

4th April 2011 - 5th June 2015
Message 1 of 21
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 04/01/2013 | 20:30
Great to this return hazel and well said neil mate
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 2 of 21
by: diwatty
on: 04/01/2013 | 20:31

Smiley Happy Thanks Hazel 

Absolutly fab Smiley Happy 

Silver Approved Helper.
Message 3 of 21
by: oldyorkie
on: 04/01/2013 | 20:47

Nice one Hazel ... and thanks for the mention Smiley Happy

Yes, that post by geekcubed blew me away somewhat... it is an excellent insight from somebody who has only just joined the community,

I look forward to reading more from them...... can't wait Smiley Happy

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 4 of 21
by: brulaw
on: 04/01/2013 | 20:55

Great to see it return  .. Lets hope it gains momentum and hits the headlines  . 

Message 5 of 21
by: pinkcalculator
on: 04/01/2013 | 21:11
Love the undecided member bit .... Everyone dont open pms if your not prepared to take the job : P
( thankfully its too techy for the likes of me so I'm ok )
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 21
by: diwatty
on: 04/01/2013 | 21:13
Techies rock pink Smiley Happy
Silver Approved Helper.
Message 7 of 21
by: pinkcalculator
on: 04/01/2013 | 21:19
Yes but many members are not tech at all and need it all nice and simple and straightforward ( that's the hard part )
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 21
by: achilles12
on: 04/01/2013 | 22:04

Like the mythical Phoenix arising from the ashes signifying a new birth.   The colour associated with the Phoenix was classical purple so perhaps the newsletter can reflect this in terms of paper colour or accessories in order give due reverence to the occasion.       Smiley Happy

I have climbed the mountain . . . . . I have seen gg in the Promised Land
Message 9 of 21