by: willp789
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:00
the_gaff_2017_banner_3.pngthe gaff banner by: brulaw
"I believe in me, so you believe in you"
10th November 2017/Issue #239

giffgaff Happenings
by bluemoonbaz

Introducing giffgaff community Stickers

@t_will Has some great news to share with us. Community Stickers will start appearing next to your community posts this week. You'll now be able to earn stickers that'll showcase what you're most proud of doing on the community next to every post - what you've done to make giffgaff truly run by you. Want to try these out before launch? You're in luck! Just head over here and pop your name in and Will can give you early access Smiley Happy. Just be aware we're still finalising a couple of things. To read all about this great new community feature, click here.

Choose your Payback method (reminder)

Well its nearly time for the community payback window, so it a timely reminder to check your choices. You have until early December 2017 to select how you would like your Payback. If you selected airtime credit before the early credit cut off date you'll be included in the early credit payment which will be processed from early-mid December 2017. You cannot change your selection once we've started processing the early credit payment. If you haven't opted to take your credit early, you have time until early December 2017 to change your selection. No changes can be made after this time. All remaining cash and credit payments will be processed from the Payback selection date. Check and choose your payback method here.

How to get the MOST out of Black Friday 2017 | Toxiic's Tips

Black Friday and Cyber Monday tips to get the best deals are brought to us by toxiic Smiley Wink. We all like a bargain or two, and this great guide can help you find a discounted price or cool offer. So hit this link before you hit the shops, don't forget to share any bargains you find with your fellow members here on our Hot Deals & Tips page.

Lest we forget the futility of war

11 am on the 11th day of the 11th month. A two-minute silence to remember the people who have died in wars. There is also Remembrance Sunday every year, which falls on the second Sunday in November. This year, it will fall on Sunday 12 November. @kathleen414 brings us a poignant reminder about the futility of war as we remember the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many. Lest we forget the futility of war.

Blog Highlights
by jammydodge

Top 10 cheap simple phones 2017

A large proportion of the mobile phone market is made up of high end, high price smartphones. But spending £800 on a phone is not for everyone when you can get similar features on a phone costing less than £100. In this blog, @wsjudd takes a detailed look at 10 of these cheap and cheerful phones. Why not check them out.

4 Unique Phones to Keep An Eye On This Christmas

Phones are very much commonplace these days, so much so you may feel the need to buy something out of the norm. If you’re thinking about doing so it would be worth checking out @zerodudex333's blog on 4 unique phones that will open eyes this Christmas. Head over and give it a read.

Alternative Advent Calendars

Tradition after Tradition after Tradition. That’s Christmas summed up for you in 5 words. A large tradition, are advent calendars, where we open up little doors every day in the period leading up to it to find little picture or chocolate nestled inside. That can get quite boring after so many years so why not go for something more off-piste. @carlryds takes a comprehensive look at the unique takes on the advent calendar available this purchase this Christmas. Why not pop over to the blog and find out if one takes your fancy.

Money Saving Tips
by toxiic

Gas and electricity usage can be a right pain to keep track of. Leave something on accidently for a few hours and you’re smacked with a big bill. Consequently, here are 4 quick tips to save your precious moolah!

• Turn down the thermostat a bit. This seems obvious, but even the smallest decrease in the temperature can add up to a lot over time. And, as long as you and anyone else is warm, a couple of degrees downwards shouldn’t hurt.
  • For some homes, having a thermostat near a front door can make the thermostat colder – thus showing a low temperature. So, if possible, try to have a thermostat away from the proximity of windows and doors.
  • Have a ceiling fan? Try to make the blades face down in the winter and up in summer. Science!
  • Make sure you apply auto brightness on your devices. This will decrease the amount you need to charge it – saving electricity!

Source

Contribute your own tips to upcoming topics here. Or, you can check out my other content here.

Tech Developments
by revilo10

This article is based around the OnePlus One.

China is known as the commercial capital of the world. Not only because of its cheap labour, but also because of the variety of products that it makes. Phones are a specifically large market in China. There are large brands like Lenovo, and Huawei who dominate. Lenovo recently acquired Motorola, due to its lack of western market share. So China does dominate.

There are, however other smaller, some unbranded, phone companies. One notable example would be the OnePlus One. It is often compared to the iPhone. For just under £300 for an international version, it comes with a 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9mm screen, a 13MP camera and 3GB of RAM. Along with storage space ranging from 32GB to 64GB. It will surely give the big boys, something to think about.

There are many other similar phones available at cheap prices. Whether you agree with the production methods or not is another story.

Say Hello!
by kathleen414

7.png

Welcome @seandykes83

Well, our new member has been a member for a while but never activated there SIM, but they have now taken the plunge, and says "I am really enjoying what giffgaff has to offer, and a great deal cheaper than my previous mobile provider. Also greatly impressed with the payback points rewards".

It's great to see you are now fully onboard with us and join in with your fab community, say hello and welcome our full member Smiley Tongue right here.

3.png

Our new member Ian has just joined us and wanted a little advice Smiley Happy.

"Hi, I am new to giffgaff, I have received my sim and bought a top up voucher from the shop. My question, how do I activate my sim with the top up voucher? Thanks in advance. Ian."

It won't take long for our fab community members have Ian fixed up but please pop over and give @ian19811 a big warm welcome to the community, click here.

professorpatpending.jpeg

Our new member @professorpatpending popped on to the community and left us a short message "testing" Smiley Happy.

Well, I hope your loving giffgaff Prof, I loved the wacky races so your username is way cool. I think we should give make sure our new member gets to know the the community is even cooler Smiley Very Happy. Give the the prof a big warm and wacky welcome, on your marks.

5.png

Our new member @theo70695phone is "interested to learn what is better about giffgaff, so here I am!"

"At the moment giffgaff is the second sim, I'm being tied to 3 on the other phone. Wow, what's better..."

Phew, I think our fab members can help with that one Smiley Very Happy. So over to you our lovely community members, click here.

Photo of the week
by premierphotosuk

photo-of-the-week-100px.jpg

This photograph deserves a shout out as it is still Autumn! I thought before Winter sets in and many gaffers missed the chance of some lovely views of Autumn because the wind blew all the leaves from the trees before other members had a chance to get some lovely Autumn photos themselves. This photo of Donadea Forest with all the leaves changing and laying on the floor, and with the colder days now coming, also added with the nice view. This photo deserves a mention to @thesepticpheasant, who also stated what device was also used. It was taken with a Canon EOS 60D Smiley Wink.

Thanks for sharing your lovely Autumn photo and sharing your photos with the community. In light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo, for this week I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Here is the link to their thread and photo, click here. Well done thesepticpheasant, keep up the creativeness and sharing your photos Smiley Happy.

Donadea Forest - by thesepticpheasantDonadea Forest - by thesepticpheasant

Interested in sharing a photo you've taken? Have a look at the thread linked below. While you're there, you can see all the previously featured photos. You never know, your photo could join the list!

Find out more

Thanks for reading

If you would like to receive a weekly PM when a new edition of the gaff is posted, joining 200 other people currently on the mailing list, then click here.

Previous Edition | Next Edition (17th November 2017)

Message 1 of 34
by: premierphotosuk
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:01

Well it's that time again!!! Whoooopie I hear you all saySmiley Wink it's Friday!!!Smiley Happy

The gaff graphic by premierphotosukThe gaff graphic by premierphotosuk 

Next week1.png Have a Fab weekendSmiley Wink

The gaff ppuk optimize.gifgraphics designs: premierphotosuk

Message 2 of 34
by: kath72
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:03
Thanks once again for a great round up
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 34
by: thepresident
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:05
Great gaff as usual .... thanks to all concerned
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 34
by: gsklb04
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:10

@willp789 @premierphotosuk @kathleen414 thank you to everyone involved in the gaff and more. 

This is a first for me I have either been involved or read everything around gg. 

How nice is it to see gg are still trying to grow and helping its member in the process. 

And a big shout out to all the members who got a mention in this weeks gaff. 

Thank you all for everything you continue to do for us all. 

https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gsklb04
Message 5 of 34
by: brulaw
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:12 edited: 10/11/2017 | 18:29

gaff 10 11 17  p.png

The gaff  ...... It's  a must read for " giffgaffers "   

Congratulations to  @thesepticpheasant   for Photo of the week  , well deserved  thumbup.gif

Happy giffgaffing  everyone   big-grin.gif

Message 6 of 34
by: frenchielove
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:28

Once again @willp789 and the team, a really interesting read. Thank you so much for all the work that goes into this on our behalf. Great stuff! 

Message 7 of 34
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:28
Thanks to team giffgaff after another full packed edition and the new stickers as giffgaff continue to strive forward👍
And to premierephotosuk for his lovely graphics and to Kath and bluemoonbaz and everyone
Cheers
Yvonne
Message 8 of 34
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:29

Well done to

@thesepticpheasant for the photo of the week

Another great edition and welcome to our new members .

Have a great weekend everyone

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 34
by: mcilwraith
on: 10/11/2017 | 18:43

thanks everyone for this weeks edition.i`ll have a closer look after me dinner

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 34