by: willp789
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:00 edited: 27/07/2017 | 09:04
the_gaff_2017_banner_1.pngthe gaff banner by: brulaw
"I believe in me, so you believe in you"
14th July 2017/Issue #222

giffgaff Happenings
by bluemoonbaz

It's now quicker to cancel your queued goodybag - and other improvements

Great news from @sadeek_the_po giffgaff have brought in the option to remove a queued goodybag from your account with the click of a button, rather than having to request it from the agent team. That means that you won't have to wait for a response, and will be able to cancel it and re-apply the goodybag you actually want even quicker. You can read the full story here.

The giffgaff travel hub

Are you ready for a break? Then why not check out our travel hub for hot deals, reviews, advice and a whole lot more. The team are looking for reviews and ideas for new content. Click here to see the Travel Hub

The giffgaff Run By You! Music challenge. 15 days of music

We have another great Run by you challenge @madscouser69 says "I'm comin' up so you better you better get this party started" So please join him and have some fun, reminisce and you never know, you may end up loving new bands and songs that you have never heard of before. Click here to go to the Run By You Music Challenge.

Labs Highlights
by as7861

Surfer or Talker - Goodybag Suggestions

@timwilliams25 suggested this idea, it is about goodybags that are differentiated according to how much you use your mobile. For example, if you have used your mobile for mostly data, then the goodybag with the higher data allowance would be ideal.

Out of Stock Notification

This idea describes the frustration of coming back to the website to check if the phone has come back in stock. Specifically, it suggests a notification to be sent by email when the phone is back in stock. This idea was suggested by @stevenjp90.

3GB and 5GB gigabags

gigabags are usually left out, but @stephenjohnson has suggested some love to be given to the gigabags by adding a new selection of gigabags that have a larger amount of data. The main reasoning given to the creation of the idea was the increased use of tablets and decreased use of minutes and texts from the member point of view.

Here is a diagram that shows a simple guide of how the labs works. The ideas listed above are yet to be reviewed by giffgaff but have a high number of votes in the lab.

Why wait? You can search for an idea you like by using search bar located here. If you do not find the idea you are looking for, you can always post your idea in the contribute section, this would firstly allow you to get feedback on the idea and secondly there might be an idea that has been described very differently to what you were thinking. If all else fails, you have a chance to develop your idea and post your idea in the Lab. Good Luck fellow inventors!

Featured App
by revilo10

App: Yousician - Your personal music teacher

Developer: Yousician Ltd

Platforms: iOS and Android

Price: Free (With in-app purchases available)

Yousician is an app that supports users in learning how to play one of four instruments, either piano, guitar, ukelele or Bass. Its main feature is real-time note tracking, which uses a device's microphone and listens to notes being played for a selected song within the app and gives real-time feedback to the user. Yousician uses a curriculum that starts with learning simple chords and scales, to working your way up and practicing full songs.

The app also includes a library of more than 50 songs, with sheet music. In addition to this, you can upload your own songs and play them with the app. Although Yousician is free, to move on to advanced levels, you must purchase them first. In my personal experience, Yousician definitely helps with practicing and developing existing skills, however, I must say, it doesn't hurt to have a music teacher in addition to the app.

Say Hello!
by kathleen414

13.png

Welcome to giffgaff @tracyhb

Tracy joined us on 3-07-2017 and is eager to learn about giffgaff and start helping recruiting new members. Why not nip over and say hello and give her a big hug and see if you can help her with any advice.

You can find Tracy's newbie post here: I'm finding this quite exciting

15.png

Hiya and welcome @shreyakumaray

Shreya joined us a few days ago and is very impressed with the service so far, but is a little shy and is not sure what the community will bring. Well, let's show Shreya what a fab community we are!

You can have a chat here: Hello Lovely Members

2.png

Wow, our new member @cosmicmo heard so much about how amazing giffgaff was, she came to the community to see what it was all about and stayed for 5 hours straight!

"I got totally wrapped up in the threads, articles, and figuring out how it all works Smiley Happy my conclusion is this, it's full of such diverse characters, and the posts are full of personality. I'm impressed by it all, and totally happy to be here! "

Well we are really happy you found us too Heart. You can read cosmicmo's full post here and say hello: I'm New Member! guess what happened lol

Photo of the week
by premierphotosuk

IMG_1242.PNG

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to @bobrobinson for the photo of his Ship in a Bottle. He has shown us all a little bit of history of days gone by with this great photo. Based on the interaction it received from the giffgaff community, and not only just for receiving kudos, I believe this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.

I had to choose this because of what other giffgaff members think and what he also does for the giffgaff community as a whole with his great contributions. So it deserves this feature, in light of the little interaction it received, it is a great example of times gone by. What was nice he told us what the camera was used it was taken with a canon powershot, and the place this was taken "Greenwich park", London. Well done @bobrobinson. Thanks for sharing your great photography with the giffgaff community, and I do hope you still continue to share your photos.Smiley Very Happy

See the full thread

Ship in a Bottle - by bobrobinsonShip in a Bottle - by bobrobinson

Interested in sharing a photo you've taken? Have a look at the thread linked below. While you're there, you can see all the previously featured photos. You never know, your photo could join the list!

Find out more

Thanks for reading

If you would like to receive a weekly PM when a new edition of the gaff is posted, joining 190 other people currently on the mailing list, then click here.

Previous Edition | Next Edition (22nd July 2017)

Message 1 of 30
by: willp789
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:02

Hi everyone,

I hope you enjoyed this week's edition of The gaff. Just to let you know, next week's edition will be posted on Saturday 22nd July. This is because I'm on holiday for the whole of next week. The week after next we will return to the usual schedule Smiley Happy.

Message 2 of 30
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:06

@willp789 

Have a great holiday Will. 😊🌞🌞

For a Free 3 in 1 sim with Free £5 on activation Click this link 
Message 3 of 30
by: premierphotosuk
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:15

@bluemoonbaz Coulden't agree more @willp789 Enjoy buddy don't forget my postcard..Smiley Wink

Great to see The gaff up and running well done Team.Smiley Happy

Read the latest news from around giffgaff  'The gaff - Next edition on Friday 22nd September' See it here in Contribute.  You can see here the members that have a Photo featured in The gaff "photo of the weekoudlpa9ba70Anyone is welcome to join in whether you're an amateur or a professional. Interested in sharing a photo you've taken. Please post you're photos here in Photography.  Coming in October - The Photography Autumn challenge.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 30
by: the_islander
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:17 edited: 14/07/2017 | 18:18

Great edition as always. Thanks for your contributions @bluemoonbaz @as7861 @revilo10 @kathleen414 & @premierphotouk  & you too @willp789 enjoy your holiday.

Get your Free giffgaff SIM and Surf your way to £5 Free credit
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 30
by: finlaybj
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:37
Thanks for another great edition
@willp789 enjoy your holidays.
Message 6 of 30
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:50
Awesome stuff @willp789, thanks for the notification about this new Gaff episode Smiley Happy

Have a great holiday and I can't wait to see the next episode on 7/22!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 30
by: revilo10
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:51
Thanks guys! Really enjoyed reviewing this app, music is something I've always been interested in.

If you have any suggestions for next week's app, drop me a PM!
New to the community? Check out my Community Guide
Message 8 of 30
by: magsiebee
on: 14/07/2017 | 18:55
Enjoy your holiday @willp789. Have a fab time. Great content of the Gaff this week & I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.👍
Message 9 of 30
by: brulaw
on: 14/07/2017 | 19:13 edited: 14/07/2017 | 19:20

Once again  a big thank you  to .........

The gaff team.png 

for another excellent edition    thumbup.gif

claping.gif Congratulations and well done to   @bobrobinson  for his Photo Of The Week  , 

@willp789  enjoy your holiday ..... hope the weather is good ...... Smiley Happy

Happy giffgaffing everyone     big-grin.gif  

Message 10 of 30