Started by: stephenmiller
On: 18/01/2013 | 20:25
Replies: 17

by: stephenmiller
on: 18/01/2013 | 20:25 edited: 18/01/2013 | 20:29

Welcome to the party, pal.

18 January 2013 / Issue No 2

Announcements

The Announcements box at the moment is going through a bit of a suspension til a redesign can move the inbox etc up when the poll is being used, however the below is what the announcements would be.

New members spotted this week

Topics

There's been a ton of threads in Contribute this week, so to pick a few that have attracted a lot of attention;

Gary Coleman pic of the day

News

• All spelling mistakes/wording errors have been flagged this week, and they'll be chased up when the snow melts. 
  • The Mobile Login Issue received an update: "The issue has been passed between two 3rd parties that deal with our website, both are investigating but having difficulty in pin pointing what is causing the issue.Because of the impact and duration, we're now treating this with a high priority, and hope to see it resolved soon."
  • Riaz popped in about overenthusiastic emails, "If you order Sims on consecutive days, our system will send out a conversion campaign for every day's worth of order. However this might be able to be changed to make the system smarter."

Friday poll

Snowpocalypse 2013 is upon us and today in the Friday poll giffgaff are asking what have you been braving the cold to do?

Building a snowman? Sledging? making an igloo? Vote on the community homepage and post your snow piccies here

Thanks for reading

A massive thanks goes to diwatty and jburnham96 for their work in bringing you this issue of the gaff. If they show up in the comments give them some love now y'all.

Message 1 of 18
on: 18/01/2013 | 20:27

Further news is that there's a new header for the gaff because Hazel whinged at me for days about the previous one not being in the right style Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 18
by: nosh2
on: 18/01/2013 | 20:28
thanks good to read
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 18
by: redisblue
on: 18/01/2013 | 20:34
Good read mate Smiley Very Happy
Thanks...yet another reason why giffgaff community is amazing Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 18
by: imshy
on: 18/01/2013 | 20:39
What u talkin bout stephen -.- lol love diff'rent stokes Smiley Very Happy
Nothing To See Here!!!
Message 5 of 18
by: nate37
on: 18/01/2013 | 21:09

Thanks for all the info Stephen (and thanks for the plugCat Wink)

To give everyone a taster of the quiz thread (some questions are more serious than others):

What’s the best way of  stopping ME from  monopolising the quiz thread with my questions?

a)      Ignore it

b)      Post lots of your own questions

c)      Contact an Educator

d)     Post sarcastic comments

And the correct answer is……..   b)!    

Don't be shy........you know you want to!Cat Very Happy

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/What-would-your-quiz-question-be/m-...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
Message 6 of 18
on: 18/01/2013 | 21:28

@nate37 wrote:

To give everyone a taster of the quiz thread (some questions are more serious than others):

What’s the best way of  stopping ME from  monopolising the quiz thread with my questions?

a)      Ignore it

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/What-would-your-quiz-question-be/m-...

I can't think of serious questions, !suggest which of these sentences contains the correct way to use an apostrophe? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 18
by: nate37
on: 18/01/2013 | 21:44

@stephenmiller wrote:

@nate37 wrote:

a)      Ignore it

I can't think of serious questions, !suggest which of these sentences contains the correct way to use an apostrophe? Smiley Tongue

lol....when giffgaff said they wanted to educate the helpers, I don't think that's quite what they had in mind!!Cat Very Happy

p.s.  Note correct use of apostrophe (twice)!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
Message 8 of 18
by: diwatty
on: 19/01/2013 | 11:14

Hi Stephen Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the mention buddy Smiley Tongue 

Silver Approved Helper.
Message 9 of 18
by: limpinpup
on: 19/01/2013 | 12:25
Hey Bud
Another fine job.
willie