The gaff - 23rd November 2018

Started by: willp789
On: 23/11/2018 | 18:00
Replies: 50

by: willp789
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:00 edited: 23/11/2018 | 20:50

The-gaff-banner-2018-v2.png

The gaff banner by: brulaw

"This week's gaff is a super way to find out what's happening in the community" - alex920

23rd November 2018/Issue #293

Add The gaff to your calendar!

giffgaff Happenings
by bluemoonbaz

Reminder: Choose your Payback method

Yes, it's nearly here Smiley Wink. You have until 30th November 2018 to select how you would like your Payback. To choose how you would like to receive your Payback, click here.  It's worth noting that early credit payback has been put on hold this time around. The thread discussing the matter is here and you can read @t_will's verdict here.

Kudos, Best Answers, etc. and Vanilla...

@blackfive460 brought us an interesting discussion about how our new software changes could give us a chance to change the community. It covers lots of aspects of our current setup. For example, kudos, best answers and community ranks. What are your thoughts on these subjects? Why not head over here and have your say.

*Warning* Free £10 giffgaff credit offer by SMS - scam confirmed

@jaymailsays has given the members a heads up about a scam SMS message. It says it's from giffgaff and asks you to log in, potentially capturing your password. It then says your password failed and instructs you to enter your name, address, date of birth, etc. Be careful if you get this SMS. @dez_d says we have not had anything official from giffgaff regarding this, but the URL in the SMS looks very dubious, do not click it.

giffgaff-black-friday-banner.png

Yes, it's that crazy day again and at giffgaff it's time to hit the members with some great savings. Why not head over here and see if you can pick up a deal. For your convenience, @revilo10 has highlighted some of the best deals in the Tech Developments section below.

Tech Developments
by revilo10

giffgaff - Black Friday Deals

As I'm sure you're aware, it's Black Friday weekend! As we did last year, here on Tech Developments, we'll be running through a few of the best deals on giffgaff's phone market. Grab 'em while you can!

• iPhone 8 (Refurbished) - £449 - The iPhone 8 has done very well for itself, it offers everything you'd want in a high spec iPhone, without the price tag! I picked up a refurbished iPhone from giffgaff a while back, and they work as new!
  • iPhone 6S - £259 - You may think the 6 is past it's time, but it operates at the highest level, and has aged superbly and will do everything, and more you expect a new iPhone to do.
  • Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra - £199 - gg is offering a whopping £150 reduction in price from the original price on this hardy phone. You can pick one up for just £199, and it's got all the best specs you'd expect in a Samsung.
  • Motorola Moto G6 Play - £99 - I've always had a soft spot for Motorola, I had my last phone, a standard Moto G6 for 3 years, and not once did it fault me. If you're looking for a modest phone at a modest price, pick yourself up a Motorola.

Looking for more deals? Head over to HotUK Deals! Stay safe out there.

The gaff: Important Announcement
by willp789

On the 23rd June 2017, I published my first edition of The gaff, taking over from the fantastic @mitchell98 as the new editor. During the past 17 months, we’ve seen The gaff evolve and develop into its current form. Of course, none of this would have been possible without my superb team, tirelessly producing content on a weekly content.

With my increase in commitments, it’s become apparent that editing The gaff on my own is a bit ludicrous, so it gives me great pleasure to announce that @mitchell98 will be returning to the editorial role as co-editor of The gaff, alongside myself.

Two heads are better than one, and I hope you’ll agree that Mitchell is a perfect fit given his past experience editing The gaff. The logistics haven’t been settled yet, but you can still expect a new edition every Friday, be it published by Mitchell or myself.

Say Hello!
by kathleen414

1542980409350.png

Welcome @yarabb to giffgaff here.

1542980415108.png

Say hello to @annebrooke64 right here.

1542980418657.png

Please welcome @ht80 over here.

Photo Of The Week
by brulaw

potw-banner-brulaw-v1.png

This week's featured photo is River Coquet at Rothbury Northumberland by @yvonnearmstrong.

Some of the comments included: "Just beautiful" (sarahjardine), "They're lovely pictures with beautiful colours" (bobrobinson), "Stunning photos. Such a beautiful area!" (jeanlk), "Beautiful pics" (staffygirl2015), "Very nice, love the colours" (snowman1888), "Simply stunning, as always" (frenchielove), "Am quite envious - it looks lovely" (illneverrememberit), "Wow, amazing pictures - love the colours" (whitespace), "Nice place at this time of the year" (themrbarso), "Wow the quality of light at Rothbury must inspire all artists, especially painters" (irenahalder).

Click here to see the original post. Thank you everyone, another batch of brilliant pictures this week, please keep them coming.

River coquet at rothbury Northumberland.jpg

Thanks for reading

Previous Edition | Next Edition (30th November 2018)

Message 1 of 51
by: brulaw
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:04 edited: 23/11/2018 | 23:15

The gaff Friday 23rd Nov.png

Message 2 of 51
by: blue1212
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:06

@willp789

Thanks for bringing the gaff to the community 

It's a brilliant read 👍👍

Well done to everyone 😁

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 51
by: tids
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:11

@willp789

Another 1st class edition 

Well done to the team😆

And a very warm welcome back to @mitchell98 everyone who reads the gaff will appreciate your involvement 😆

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 51
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:12

2018-11-21-22-27-32.jpg

@willp789

@brulaw

And a warm welcome to @Mitchell98 

I think the gaff is great and I look forward to Friday and have followed it since it came out😀and it's great team work from everyone

Thank you so much for photo of the week as you will know it makes my day😀and the comments are lovely😍

Cheers everyone and have a great weekend

Yvonne 

Message 6 of 51
by: annebrooke64
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:14

Thanks for the update and the mention - much appreciated, and love the newsletter!

Anne B

Anne Brooke
Message 7 of 51
by: formulaone
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:27
Awesome! A great read! Well done guys! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 51
by: alex920
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:41

@willp789 and the gaff team

It's a great read as always👍

Well done!

Message 9 of 51
by: jaymailsays
on: 23/11/2018 | 18:48 edited: 23/11/2018 | 19:16

@willp789 Thanks for the mention and picking up on this now confirmed scam. The first fake site was shut down but unfortunately they have resurfaced again, the site potentially tricks you and could take over your giffgaff account and/or access your bank details.

*Warning* Free £10 giffgaff credit offer by SMS - scam confirmed

@jaymailsays has given the members a heads up about a scam SMS message. It says it's from giffgaff and asks you to log in, potentially capturing your password. It then says your password failed and instructs you to enter your name, address, date of birth, etc. Be careful if you get this SMS. @dez_d says we have not had anything official from giffgaff regarding this, but the URL in the SMS looks very dubious, do not click it.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Free-10-giffgaff-credit-offer-by-sms-Scam-Confirmed/m-p...

2018-11-23_17-08-32.png

You may or may not see this warning.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 51