Started by: willp789
On: 02/11/2018 | 18:00
Replies: 27

Highlighted
by: willp789
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:00

The-gaff-banner-2018-v2.png

The gaff banner by: brulaw

"This week's gaff is a super way to find out what's happening in the community" - alex920

2nd November 2018/Issue #290

Add The gaff to your calendar!

giffgaff Happenings
by bluemoonbaz

The Home-Made Christmas Thread

Have you seen @kath72's fantastic community sharing thread? Well if you haven't, it's well worth a visit. Christmas will soon be upon us and so Kath would love you to get involved. You can share things you are making for Christmas and post pictures (with instructions if you are happy to share). Head over here and share the giffgaff love.

PayPal trial: results and next actions

Not so long ago, giffgaff tried doing a few tests with PayPal when you activate a SIM card. It was a really popular idea and one I thought would be a great addition for our members. @riaz7 has popped back to give us the results of the trial and how things will be in the future. Have a look here and leave some feedback, I'm sure Riaz and the team will be very interested to read your comments.

Lab Highlights
by as7861

Making the most of Labs

• Searching for an idea, researching idea and looking for feedback? Well, the contribute section is the place for you. Posting a thread within the contribute has all of the above benefits. Give it a go here.
  • Well, if you already knew the first one, maybe this one is for you. Under each idea, there can be lots of comments. You can view certain comments by selecting 'show all' (set by default) and then choosing one of the three options (My comments, Staff comments or Show all). The screenshot below illustrates what you would see.
    Lab-Highlights-Comments-Filter-Screenshot.png

Showcase of ideas within Labs (written by ijustcantdoit)

• giffgaff mark of respect on The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month

• The idea states: "As mark of respect for all the people who gave there lives from countries all over the world be different race colour or creed or whatever side they fought on The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month the forum should fall silent as when we have lithium maintenance page we should have message saying giffgaff are marking this moment for people to remember and reflect on the futility of wars"
    • @kathleen414 brought us this idea a while ago, when our community platform provider (lithium) may not have been able to provide this. I personally really like this idea as it gives the community a chance to be respectful. The upcoming community platform may allow this to be a possibility. Give your thoughts and feedback.
  • Traffic information

• The idea states: "The O2 network allows traffic reports to be provided in the location of the handset by dialling 1200. Allow this service to be enabled on the giffgaff network"
    • @peter_calver introduced this idea to the labs. I can see why Peter thinks this would something giffgaff should enable. I feel this would be a great addition to giffgaff. So what do you think, would this be a viable option for giffgaff?

Say Hello!
by kathleen414

1541175148556.png

Say hi to @ohmygodyoukilledkenny here.

1541175153277.png

Welcome @ayepee3 right here.

1541175157838.png

Welcome @liamsaunders905 over here.

Photo Of The Week
by brulaw

potw-banner-brulaw-v1.png

This week's featured photo is Royal Opera House by @thesepticpheasant. Some of the comments included: "Like the effect of the light & glass, very effective" (jeanlk), "Stunning picture of the Opera House" (the_bookie), "Very effective" (illneverrememberit), "Very atmospheric, absolutely loving it" (frenchielove).

Click here to see the original post. So, another tough choice this week, you giffgaffers really do capture some amazing and beautiful images, thank you for sharing them.

Royal Opera House.jpg

Thanks for reading

Previous Edition | Next Edition (9th November 2018)

Message 1 of 28
by: timwilliams25
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:01 edited: 04/11/2018 | 10:23

Will we have an happy birthday gaff soon?  November is the birthday month for the network.

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 2 of 28
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:05

2018-11-02-17-23-43.jpg

@willp789

@brulaw

And @kath72 for a great Xmas thread👏

And to everyone 

Have a great weekend 

Yvonne 

Message 4 of 28
by: davidevans0000
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:07
cheers again for the gaff and well done to @kath72 for the homemade Christmas thread.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 28
by: mcilwraith
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:09

thumbup.gif

nice one guys always enjoy the gaff

Message 6 of 28
by: thesepticpheasant
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:26 edited: 02/11/2018 | 22:16

That was unexpected! Thanks y'all! 😁

Message 7 of 28
by: tids
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:47

@willp789

Wonderful read yet again .

I like the idea of traffic info dialing 1200 

Well done the gaff team 😆😆😆

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 28
by: a1antman
on: 02/11/2018 | 18:47

Good evening to all The gaff team,

Thank you all so much for all your hard work in brining us The gaff each and every week. Smiley Happy

As always it is packed and very informative with what is happining in the world of giffgaff. Smiley Happy

Thank you to:

@willp789@bluemoonbaz@as7861@kathleen414 and @brulaw. Smiley Happy

A very warm welcome to our new giffgaff members: @ohmygodyoukilledkenny @ayepee3 and @liamsaunders905, I hope you are enjoying this great network. Smiley Happy

Congratulations to @thesepticpheasant for this weeks photo of the week, a great photo of the Royal Opera House. Smiley Happy

Wishing you all a great weekend everyone. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

a1antman Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 28
by: blue1212
on: 02/11/2018 | 19:00

@willp789

Thanks for bringing the gaff to the community 

It's a brilliant read 👍👍😎

Well done to everyone 😁

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 28