on: 09/02/2018 | 18:00

The-gaff-banner-2018-v2.png

the gaff banner by: brulaw

"I believe in me, so you believe in you"
9th February 2018/Issue #252

giffgaff Happenings
by bluemoonbaz

giffgaff money is now on Facebook

Did you know that giffgaff money is also on Facebook? It’s a great way to keep up with our most recent blogs, that doesn’t only help you brush up on your financial knowledge, but also gives you some great tips on where to start tackling some of the prickliest issues you or your mates might be going through. Like with everything we do on giffgaff, we’d love to get your ideas and suggestions. So head over to our giffgaff money Facebook page, have a look and drop us a comment to let us know what you think.

The giffgaff travel hub

Yes, it's the time of the year when we start thinking about a holiday Smiley Happy. So why not have a look at our one-stop shop that caters for all your travel needs, with hot travel deals, reviews, advice and a whole lot more! But, we can make it even better with your help. We would love to have your comments and contributions, we have added a cross section of advice to help our members, but do you agree with our choices? Maybe you have some other options we have not considered or some content we can link to? With your help, we can make this the best travel hub on the planet. Click here to get involved.

How do you feel about giffgaff studio?

Here are few things that @shaina_k would like to understand from you:

1. What do you like the most about giffgaff studio (templates, features etc)?
  2. What is that you don't like about giffgaff studio?
  3. What needs improvement?
  4. What will make you use it more?

Shaina would love to hear from you, head over to the thread here.

Lab Highlights
by as7861

Special Mentions

• @fadlur_f has been doing an awesome job reviewing ideas and making them live. So wanted to give this special mention to him.
  • @eluminea has been spotted on the lab commenting on an idea. Nice one!
  • @mijthebarber has been spotted on the lab commenting on an idea. Nice One!

Changes / Idea Updates

• The courtesy email about new product/services and updates idea is now being looked into by giffgaff. The idea was created by @mariap8. Congrats!
  • The total amount of ideas went below 5000 in the past week. Congrats to everyone!
  • What do you think about giffgaff studio on Labs? Express your views here.

New / Old / Amazing Ideas (written by ijustcantdoit)

Glad you made it. You can now search for an idea you like by using the search bar located here. If you do not find the idea you are looking for, you can always post your idea in the contribute section, this would firstly allow you to get feedback on the idea and secondly there might be an idea that has been described very differently to what you were thinking. If all else fails, you have a chance to develop your idea and post your idea in the Lab. Good luck fellow inventors!

If you want to contribute to the changes (that will be listed under changes/idea updates section). Please free to join here, you just have to hit the join button.

High-Tech Highlights
by jammydodge

Snapchat revamp gets full-scale UK rollout

Snapchat has begun a full-scale rollout of the redesigned version of its app to UK-based users. The revamp is intended to separate social interactions with friends from third-party content. The new design comes as Snap stocks soared by nearly 50% on Wednesday afternoon - the day after it announced strong fourth-quarter results. But the redesign has not gone down well with users, with up to 83% of reviews on the App Store being negative.

Changes to the app's Discover feature will make it easier for users to find content from publishers, according to Snap. A personalised news feed and an auto-advance feature that takes viewers from one story directly to the next are also part of the redesign. Other updates include a Friends Page that brings Stories, Bitmojis and Chats - all different mediums for peer-to-peer communication in the app - together into one view.

A Snapchat spokesman said: "Updates as big as this one can take a little getting used to, but we hope the community will enjoy it once they settle in." The social app now has 187 million daily users, after adding 8.9 million at the end of 2017. Revenue was up as well, reaching $287.5m (£207m) in the past quarter - a 72% year-on-year increase. The company's revenue-sharing advertising has also seen a big jump.

Snap pays publishers creating content for Discover a portion of the ad revenue it makes from their media. It paid publishers more than $100m (£72.05m) in 2017, a $42m (£30.26m) increase from 2016. And the number of media partners working with the company has grown fivefold in the past three years, according to Snap.

Say Hello!
by kathleen414

Welcome to giffgaff @marc_rosson@streborbj and @teresagoodwin2211 !

giffgaffhRlH5.png

Click here to say hello to marc_rosson.

giffgaffPKcnS.png

Click here to say hello to streborbj.

giffgaffkTRfr.png

Click here to say hello to teresagoodwin2211.

Photo Of The Week
by brulaw

potw-banner-brulaw-v1.png

This week's featured photo is My cat seen in Infrared light by @drakanstyr. Comments on this picture included: "mystical atmosphere", "just purr-fect" and "Amazing photo! Gorgeous cat". It is a very striking image and it's great to see the results that different kinds of filters and lighting can achieve, they can produce some stunning results as this week's featured photo demonstrates. Nice picture drakanstyr!

giffgaffBU286.png

Tech Developments
by revilo10

Apple’s Abnormal 2018

Apple’s step into 2018 hasn’t exactly been a graceful one. If anything, it has tripped over New Year's Eve after a party (The iPhone X) and been flung into a whole world of issues.

It started 2018 in the middle of multiple lawsuits after they admitted to slowing down old phones. However, yet again Apple have found themselves in hot water (Please DON’T put your Apple product in any form of liquid, hot or cold). This past week, The Verge reported that Apple, but on the hardware front this time.

It has been reported that iPhone 7s can have issues with connecting to cellular, both on and off roaming, and so Apple is offering repairs for any affected phones.

Hopefully, Apple can get back on its feet with the upcoming HomePod, which we will be covering very soon!

Thanks for reading

Previous Edition | Next Edition (16th February 2018)

Message 1 of 28
by: brulaw
on: 09/02/2018 | 18:03

gaff new edition.png

Message 2 of 28
by: davidevans0000
on: 09/02/2018 | 18:06
well done again to all the team involved in this weeks awesome the gaff.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 28
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 09/02/2018 | 18:29

giffgaffDRfmF.pngTEAM GIFFGAFF

Cheers

Yvonne 

Message 4 of 28
by: gsklb04
on: 09/02/2018 | 19:26

@willp789  @kathleen414 @brulaw 

Thank you to everyone involved in bringing us the gaff it's  so good to know members can catch him up on things with the gaff. 

https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gsklb04
Message 5 of 28
by: mcilwraith
on: 09/02/2018 | 19:33

great issue thanks everyone

bigclap.gif

Message 6 of 28
by: as7861
on: 09/02/2018 | 19:39
Hi team Smiley Happy

Great edition ! I have a sore throat today unfortunately but that did not stop my eyes to look at the glamour of the gaff.
- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 28
by: ray2
on: 09/02/2018 | 22:31

Massive thanks goes out to @willp789  @as7861  @bluemoonbaz  @kathleen414  @jammydodge  @brulaw @revilo10 

For a brilliant catch up.

A massive welcome to all the new giffgaffers Smiley Happy

And a massive congratulations to  @drakanstyr  fantastic photo Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 28
by: premierphotosuk
on: 10/02/2018 | 02:06

Hiya @willp789 and the rest of The gaff team I had to pop on and just wanted to post a quick reply as I've only just got back in England tonight, I've had a quick look through the previous gaffs for this year and I am very glad to see you all doing a great job 👍🏻 Well done The gaff team it's like is was ever a part of it.lol

@brulaw Bruce My thoughts on you regarding my baby Photo Of The Week love your little graphic and im pretty pleased how well you've adapted to it thanks buddy, great job keep it up. I will call you over the next day or so and we can have a catchupSmiley Wink

Good job guys and gals. Remember Im not going to be around giffgaff posting for another 6 months from the 21st Feb but any PMs or messages I recieve my son Danny will be looking after them and he will tell me when we speak while I'm away amd reply when I can or he will for me.

Take care my fellow gaffers.👍🏻

2A93BA5A-40E6-4797-A507-8BDAE528F4CE.jpeg

Message 9 of 28
by: kmichael
on: 10/02/2018 | 02:17

Just perplexed.... "gifgaff money" was rebranded to "giffgaff gameplan" but a "giffgaff money" FB page was just created?

Speaking about inconsistency! @juan_p

With the travel FB now live and not a sub-group in the forum; is there a different strategy for FB and another for the forums or am I missing something ?

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 10 of 28