by: itwashimnotme
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:13 edited: 17/06/2018 | 13:57

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: claw
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:41

This is an interesting area to talk about. At one time I would have been considered by some as a "giffgaff apologist." I'd probably term it more like giffgaff fanatic. But the point is at one point I was a huge fan of giffgaff, it's forums and the idea behind a member centric network.

The issues I have witnessed with regards to 'giffgaff fans' that wound me up include the following.

"It's o2s fault"

This one particularly annoys me. It was present during the outages around 2012/2013 and people would blame o2 as the cause of any down time. Actually it turned out to be in at least some cases the infrastructure that connects giffgaff customers to the o2 network. So a fault of giffgaff. And let's not forget o2/giffgaff are both brands of Telefonica anyway.

We still see this issue crop up at times when people complain too.

"Moaners" 

Dare to complain about an issue you are facing? You may just get called a moaner. I always find this frustrating. I just dont understand why people who highlight issues with the giffgaff network get deemed moaners by a considerable minority of community members. When did it become wrong to raise issues and make complaints?

These "moaners" are actually helping giffgaff and us as users of the giffgaff service by highlighting network issues for giffgaffs attention. Consider a faulty phone box. If no one reports that it will remain broken and no one could use it...

"What other network gives you payback?"

Irrelevant to the majority of giffgaff members. Including anyone who earns top payback but has serious issues with their service.

I'm not trashing giffgaff but it's far from flawless. And it's ok to complain when things don't go right. The important thing is how we respond to a fellow member when they encounter an issue. I suggest that we should approach people who have complaints positively and supportively trying to understand their issue and help where we can. If we can do that maybe we can help them get the issue resolved and leave them with a positive idea of the community.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:41

This is an interesting area to talk about. At one time I would have been considered by some as a "giffgaff apologist." I'd probably term it more like giffgaff fanatic. But the point is at one point I was a huge fan of giffgaff, it's forums and the idea behind a member centric network.

The issues I have witnessed with regards to 'giffgaff fans' that wound me up include the following.

"It's o2s fault"

This one particularly annoys me. It was present during the outages around 2012/2013 and people would blame o2 as the cause of any down time. Actually it turned out to be in at least some cases the infrastructure that connects giffgaff customers to the o2 network. So a fault of giffgaff. And let's not forget o2/giffgaff are both brands of Telefonica anyway.

We still see this issue crop up at times when people complain too.

"Moaners" 

Dare to complain about an issue you are facing? You may just get called a moaner. I always find this frustrating. I just dont understand why people who highlight issues with the giffgaff network get deemed moaners by a considerable minority of community members. When did it become wrong to raise issues and make complaints?

These "moaners" are actually helping giffgaff and us as users of the giffgaff service by highlighting network issues for giffgaffs attention. Consider a faulty phone box. If no one reports that it will remain broken and no one could use it...

"What other network gives you payback?"

Irrelevant to the majority of giffgaff members. Including anyone who earns top payback but has serious issues with their service.

I'm not trashing giffgaff but it's far from flawless. And it's ok to complain when things don't go right. The important thing is how we respond to a fellow member when they encounter an issue. I suggest that we should approach people who have complaints positively and supportively trying to understand their issue and help where we can. If we can do that maybe we can help them get the issue resolved and leave them with a positive idea of the community.

Message 2 of 5
by: persco
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:48

Just a side note to this @claw which downtime situation are you referring to? Thought every major downtime we had, o2 were affected too?

Just curious that's all. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:54

persco wrote:

Just a side note to this @claw which downtime situation are you referring to? Thought every major downtime we had, o2 were affected too?

Just curious that's all. 

Morning @persco There was at least one that was due to a leak with giffgaff equipment.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/blog/today-s-service-outage/ba-p/3432147

Message 4 of 5
by: persco
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:58

I see what you mean @claw. I remember now. Thanks

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5