Knowledge Base
Community

There is some serious competition out there!

Started by: mikematty
On: 09/01/2019 | 09:21
Replies: 25

by: k89bpa
on: 09/01/2019 | 20:07

@giffgaff20147 Smarty don't have call centres either. 

In fact, I think every network that does have call centres also has alternative means of contacting support should you need assistance and these range from live chat systems, to forums like this, to social media, to plain old email. 

As for "hidden charges", legally they were stamped out years ago. If people these days feel they have come up against a "hidden charge" they haven't read the terms of their agreement. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 21 of 26
by: bickydird
on: 09/01/2019 | 20:52
What hidden charges ?

I've haven't come across any and I'm also not keen on call centres so use live chat because it tends to be quick and easy to discuss account related matter that can't be done on an open forum.
Message 22 of 26
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 09/01/2019 | 21:13

Smarty is good but still think giffgaff is better.

There are a few improvements i would make to giffgaff though

Increase £5 goodybag minutes and data to 1GB

Better data speeds

Better pay as you go rates.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 23 of 26
by: giffgaff20147
on: 09/01/2019 | 21:38

@k89bpa

Wrote As for "hidden charges", legally they were stamped out years ago. If people these days feel they have come up against a "hidden charge" they haven't read the terms of their agreement. 

badly put ,

from my time helping I find so many read nothing so in a way are self inflected hidden charges 

yes I know other networks have forums I do visit one or two but find them slow or even not answering the question I put to them ,

more like social forums than help 

giffgaff is quick with multiple answers much preferred by me , at the 

end of day we all choose what’s best for or needs and nothing to lose by being told about the competion

Message 24 of 26
Highlighted
by: glaswegianeric
on: 09/01/2019 | 21:50

Smarty's coverage is likely to be quite poor though - it's Three without VoLTE, although they are hoping (for the past year or so) to introduce VoLTE "in the near future".

Price wise, they are indeed quite good for light users on a low budget, but for those spending £15+/month it isn't really such a good value.

giffgaff's pricing model certainly isn't the worst and is quite competitive, in fact, it provides value similar to that of many contract sim-only offerings which isn't too shabby for a Pay As You Go network.

For those, who are looking for a really decently priced Pay As You Go sim offering, consider Vodafone's  Big Value Six Packs. £5/month gets you 2GB of data and £10 gets you 8GB, however you'd need to pay for 6 months upfront. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/pay-as-you-go-plans/big-value-six-pack

Message 25 of 26
by: k89bpa
on: 09/01/2019 | 22:52

@giffgaff20147 wrote:

...at the end of day we all choose what’s best for or needs and nothing to lose by being told about the competion

Agreed, totally, my point was just to note what your post left out, (when talking about the other support methods offered elsewhere), because your post read or could be read as "only giffgaff do this", (probably not your intention glancing at your history). 

I wish when other networks were spoken about there would be an honest and open discussion comparing them rather than the constant misdirection and payback comments which happen. It really makes giffgaff look bad to prospective customers as I said in an earlier reply to someone else. 

This place can have the same effect as trustpilot on prospective customers, albeit for the opposite reason. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 26 of 26