Knowledge Base
Community

Thread hijacking (in GD) ... Should it be discouraged?

Started by: extreme_one
On: 21/02/2017 | 21:56
Replies: 28

by: revjonty
on: 25/02/2017 | 22:27
A side point, the geographical location of the UK parlament could be seen as a problem when it comes to equal representation of all parts of the UK, in that it makes it more London focused, to the detriment of all other parts of the UK. To some extent more so to the English regions, as they lack any form of assembly to act for them in the way the other members of the Union have.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 21 of 29
by: jesi23
on: 26/02/2017 | 10:05
Click to reveal

revjonty wrote:

A side point, the geographical location of the UK parlament could be seen as a problem when it comes to equal representation of all parts of the UK, in that it makes it more London focused, to the detriment of all other parts of the UK. To some extent more so to the English regions, as they lack any form of assembly to act for them in the way the other members of the Union have.

@revjonty and it's parliament not 'parlament' as a response to your hijack.

Some threads are designed for hijacking, though. As threads over a certain age don't attract payback, I'd say, unless someone is asking for H&S type help (in which case, report), I'd ignore in GD.

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 22 of 29
by: extreme_one
on: 26/02/2017 | 10:34

revjonty wrote:

A side point,

Click to reveal
the geographical location of the UK parlament could be seen as a problem when it comes to equal representation of all parts of the UK, in that it makes it more London focused, to the detriment of all other parts of the UK. To some extent more so to the English regions, as they lack any form of assembly to act for them in the way the other members of the Union have.

Smiley Indifferent

There's always one ...

Smiley Tongue

Smiley Indifferent
Message 23 of 29
by: jesi23
on: 26/02/2017 | 11:37
Click to reveal

shortylumber wrote:

Main reason being stickies are not always read/completely ignored, not by everyone but alot

Good Point, Guy - good to see you back on here - @shortylumber

I tend to read 'stickies' if the topic seems relevant to me - but not always - the header would need to draw people in for it to work I think.

jes

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 24 of 29
by: germansheppard234
on: 26/02/2017 | 12:48
@extreme_one do like rest of us that scan threads report content on every one, edj soon move it, and that includes anyone who hi jacks and says I got same problem bla bla bla
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 29
by: gindygoo
on: 26/02/2017 | 14:12

revjonty wrote:

Ahh but it's all the fault of the remainers, or is that the brexiteers? Meh, no matter it's all the fault of the European Union whichever way you spin it...

@extreme_one Or 2? 😂

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 26 of 29
by: lazibones
on: 26/02/2017 | 14:47 edited: 26/02/2017 | 14:49

What happened to mavis's doggy?  Smiley Tongue

Seriously though completely hijacking threads should be discouraged. Slight digression from the main point to give other examples or linked subject is ok up to a point as long as it comes back to the thread subject.

Re above post " I do believe it "  Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
by: germansheppard234
on: 26/02/2017 | 20:15
If it's in GD it does not matter really it's just chat anyway, report content don't think it applies there unless it's abuse
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 29 of 29