Knowledge Base
Community

Three 24GB data sim offer.

Started by: woodyuk
On: 12/11/2016 | 08:52
Replies: 36

by: woodyuk
on: 12/11/2016 | 08:52

I spotted this offer on HUKD the other day and thought it might be interesting to share.

From Nov 17 to Dec 15 or while stocks last,Three are offering a PAYG data sim loaded with 24GB of data for £28.40 and these sims are supplied and delivered by Amazon so no iffy 3rd party sellers to worry about.

On face value this doesn't seem like a particularly stunning deal compared to others that are popping up for the Christmas period from Asda for instance and I wouldn't be suprised to see EE having their usual Christmas promotion soon but this offer from Three has one unique advantage over all the rest:-

The data on this sim is valid for 2 years.

So,ideal for anyone who uses a tablet with a sim slot or a MIFI while they're out and about now and again or even for dual sim phone owners to use just as a data only sim because unlike other promotional offers there's no rush to use up all of the data before it expires.

Here's the page at Amazon:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M3VJ2B2/?tag=ho01f-21

Message 1 of 37
by: josh08shaw
on: 12/11/2016 | 08:57
That's alot of data Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 37
by: mcilwraith
on: 12/11/2016 | 09:02

a handy wee treat for the mifi

Message 3 of 37
by: blackfive460
on: 12/11/2016 | 09:25

@woodyuk

I'm glad you posted this otherwise I'd have missed it.

I normally buy the 12GB/12 Month version for about £23 so this is a steal and will keep until my current one runs out.

Since there's no expiry date and the 24 months only starts on first use, I may even get a few!

Message 4 of 37
by: persco
on: 12/11/2016 | 09:32
@woodyukyou are God sent! My iPad Air just came out of contract and cancelled sim. This will suit it perfect for now.

Thank you!
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 37
by: jtemplar
on: 12/11/2016 | 09:33

Since this SIM can also be used abroad at no extra cost in 42 Feel At Home destinations including USA, Australia, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Greece and many more it is incredibly good value.

A similar amount of data use using a giffgaff SIM roaming in the US would cost a whopping £122,880 Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 37
by: harrrrrry
on: 12/11/2016 | 09:51

Sounds good, but I noticed in comments against one of the seller's other sims:

"I was expecting a 12GB allowance to be used over a year, but the sim arrived with 12 x 1GB monthly allowances loaded."

Still good value even if it comes as 24 months of 1Gb each, though in North London at least three's data isn't consistently much better than giffgaff's. If it was a tesco sim, there's no doubt I'd be buying it. Tesco's speeds in most of North London are currently about ten times those of giffgaff and three.

I may still get one, but there's always the danger that it will turn into a chocolate teapot. In the early days of three I had a 10Gb / 1 year dongle. It worked fine for the first 7 months and then became progressively slower as more people moved to three. After ten months it had become totally unusable.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 37
by: terran_federation
on: 12/11/2016 | 10:04
I am tempted to get one of these sims for my dual sim phone - that data works out a great deal cheaper than giffgaff's Goodybags!
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 8 of 37
by: sarahsayers
on: 12/11/2016 | 10:51 edited: 12/11/2016 | 10:52

@harrrrrry

I queried that when the 12Gb version was mentioned on here before,  but having asked other users then bought one myself I found that's not the case. It's not split into smaller monthly allowances. It seems the person leaving that review was either mistaken , or they were supplied with the wrong SIM . 

Message 9 of 37
by: paulipat45
on: 12/11/2016 | 11:14

Got to say it does sound good @woodyuk

Message 10 of 37